Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cant find the api

Started by dstr951 [2139903] on in API Development.

4 replies · 175 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

dstr951 [2139903]

Hello, Im a very new player, and I wanted to try the api feature, but I can't open it, when Im in "https://api.torn.com/" and press "documantation" the page just stays the same. Is there another source for the api? 

I will be very glad if you could explain to me how to use the api as well (i.e. where can I download it, which languages have an api for them etc.)
Pi77Bull [2082618]

The documention IS the page that you are looking at when you open the link you posted. You need to click on "Try it!", then insert your api key and then you can see how you can access different objects.

You can't download the api. The api is basically just a bunch of links containing JSON data. You need to download the data (for example with JavaScript) and than you can use it.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

That page has 2 tabs, documentation and try it. You start on the documentation page, so clicking that link won't do anything. You can play with the API on the try it page until you figure out the basics.

Almost any language can fetch from the API, so use whatever your comfortable with and do a Google search for language_name fetch json html and you'll find the appropriate resource.
UwU [2081212]

You can also use one of the many wrappers that exist here. 



I believe there is already a wrapper for python and c#.

I've made a java based one but haven't released it publicly yet.