Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cannot login...

Started by Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

31 replies · 215 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

I just attempted to login from my desktop computer and got the new login attempt screen, which is strange, because it's my home computer. Anyway, it says its sending the 6 digit code via SMS, but the code isn't getting sent. I tried to resend twice and nothing...



Posting from my phone with the torn app. 
Hamr [2027992]

I got logged out like this a couple of days ago. Luckily the SMS was sent properly (it was actually sent before I realised I'd been logged out). Very odd.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Update: I was able to get in via answering my secret question and then getting the code sent to my email instead. Still tho, the texting system should be fixed being as that's by far the easiest way to do this.
Ellington [1957849]

I too had this problem just today. I tried to log in this morning and it said I needed to verify the code texted to me. I waited and waited and nothing was received. I thought it was weird because I usually get them instantly after I click for it to be sent. Hit the resend and again I waited and waited and nothing. I tried to do the alternative question which was what was my first job. Put in my answer and it was wrong, tried twice more and it was wrong but I only had one first job. ? after that I was out of turns and I might have tried to resend the text again (I’m not sure) but after waiting I just hit the account recovery option to unlock my account. I put in all the info and here I am posting this. This is the first time this has happened where it wouldn’t text me the code. I use an IPhone X with verzion in the US if that helps. Any help would be appreciated because I would like to not keep getting locked out like that. 
Somebody [1763067]

Two of my devices were, for some reason, removed from 2FA approved list. I had to login from a third machine that I had on there and disable 2FA before I could proceed. The symptoms were similar to what you experiences: I was suddenly asked for a 6 digit code that I never received. Clicking resend did not help. This is now the third time it's happened to me in about 3 months.
yabadabadoo [2042927]

Had the same problem a few minutes ago, sms text never came , waited and had it resent , never came .

Finally had to do the alternate method with code to email which worked......
yabadabadoo [2042927]

Come on, just tried to log in on the same device but a different browser and was hit with the authentication  challenge again, and again the sms text never came ......had to go the email route'..............
Ellington [1957849]

Also according to my faction leader someone was impersonating me earlier and said they were me in a friends account and needed to store 6 billion in the faction bank. ? 
Hamr [2027992]

That's an ongoing scam. Get your faction leaders to  mass message about it. Those claims are always false.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I believe this is due to the 2FA cookie expiring one year after setting it - this has been fixed for future cases - but this is why everyone's suddenly having them appear.

Regarding the failure to send SMS, there's not much we can do there. It's a problem for some people - an issue with their cell providers blocking them. We'll be implementing Google Authenticator I expect soon.