Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Visiting Auschwitz

Started by Sarah01 [1074856] on in Travel & Culture.

11 replies · 150 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
20
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Sarah01 [1074856]

Sometime next year, I'm planning to take a city break to Krakow, which is about an hour or so away from Auschwitz concentration camp. 

 

Has anyone been on their guided tours? If so, what should I expect? 

 

This is just to give me a heads up, as I know it will be emotionally draining for sure! 
Sarah01 [1074856]

This will be something that I need to look into whilst I'm at it - I like history overall, World War 2 was always one of the topics I have interest in! 

Scary to think WHAT actually happened there .

Have you heard of Josef Mengele? :/ 
Viracocha [1772040]

Yes of course.

Had you heard of Vasily Blokhin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin

Not many in modern history can be attributed to personally killing so many with their own trigger finger.

Did you know that until 1991 people around the world were taught this was a German atrocity, when the truth is, it was Soviet and the crime blamed on the Germans with the full assistance of both the UK and US at the highest levels.

 
Seba_Nile [1782274]

Can we talk about Auschwitz and many modern day Auschwitz.

They talk about Zyklon B but those Europeans who who had no family members nor experienced what the Jews supposedly faced under the Nazis are doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews. Zyklon B compared to the White Phosphorus the Zionist occupiers drop on the Palestinians every time a paycheck comes from American tax payers for Israel to test its weapons. They talk about the Warsaw Ghetto and its uprising but they forget about the Gaza Ghetto. Actually it is worse than a ghetto. It's been labeled as a open air prison.
PopadaPill [900338]

You might as well go Harry Potter World,that was reconstructed from someones imagination too.

(took a room that wasnt a gas chamber of any kind and MADE it one)
PurpPurp [1990116]

im way late, but from what i understand the British were the first to use concentration camps. nobody ever talks about them either.