Who would dare to ban The_Pirate_King ??
Chat problems
Started by Boomhauer [2147272] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Who would dare to ban The_Pirate_King ??
Guess the Wanted Posters went too far... yo-ho, yo-ho... ;)
I am posting on an already bugged issue post. Will there be a response from anyone in charge about progress on fixing the issues with chat being in and out not a continuous option in the game?
I can access the blue chat box that contains people, blocked, faction the box opens on people but if I switch to other tabs or refresh people I get that cool rotating circle! Every change in pages is extremely slow.
Myself and a ton of the guys and girls in New Players Chat are having this issue.
I am using a Sony Xperia l1 with the latest android versions. App is up to date and all caches have been cleared.
I asked Npc to run a quick test and use the blue people button and see if the chat system lagged on the circles or if they loaded up properly. We had a 4 out of 7 successfull test with the others either not responding due to the chat issues that have already been discussed. I do not know if anyone else participated. Everyone that has participated are on different platforms using different browsers or the app.
Me:
I select the people tab and the circles keep going round. I have waited in excess of 25 minutes on the last try and still nothing happened. Any messages attempted to be sent in any chat failed to register and send.
Same with incoming messages I chat. If I load another page up it starts to work fine again.
My hypothesis is that there is some sort of error between the end users sending the contacts request to the torn server and getting a response. As if a secondary line has been severed.
Think that should cover it now and any more info will be forwarded if asked.
Good luck.
DaMagi.
Got the same issue on mobile and desktop using chrome I have cleared cache etc.
I'm having the same issue [:cry:]
closed as duplicate of https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=19&t=16055764&b=0&a=0