Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Perks!

Started by Madbranch [1935018] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
Madbranch [1935018]

Have you ever browsed through your own list of perks, and after scrolling and scrolling, you've realized that you don't have enough? Does the current number of perks not satisfy you? Do you want more? Well, you've come to the right place!

I think of myself as a tree that's easily satisfied. I need a bit of water (which is surprisingly lacking in Torn, even with all the PIs and jazz, I can't even buy a bottle of water), some nice soil and sun. Yet somehow, just like you, I find myself unsatisfied with the number of perks this game offers.

So I decided to make a list of a few perks to be suggested. Feel free to add more in the comments below! I'll keep the original post updated and give credit too!

Faction:

- Faction leader - You get to be pestered by newer members about the information you already told them. (Credit to HamrRokjaw for the wording!)
- Faction co-leader - You get to be pestered by newer members about the information you already told them. (Same as above.)
- Faction Veteran (over 500 days in the faction) - You get to be pestered by newer members about the information you already told them. (Same as above.)
- Access to faction vault - You get to be pestered by members about the money they got in the vault.

Jobs:

As Casino and Grocer don't have passive perks, I think they deserve them:

- +5 daily casino tokens (For having reached the top position in casino job.)
- 50% lower fee for listing items on item market (For having reached the top position in grocer job.)

Education:

I feel some educations offer loads of useful perks, while others are just for the show. I feel as if this could be changed. Basic English and Creative writing, for example, offer nothing but a minor amount of working stats.

- Language Lover - Slightly increased chance of finding books in the City. (For having completed Basic English and Creative Writing.)

 

For now, this is all I have to offer.

Feel free to add more in the comments below!
Tyrech [2091318]

Nice suggestion. I think that, besides the ones you already thought of, there could be merits for companies and more merits invested in racing as well.

For instance, in regards to company merits: be an employee for the same company for 100, 250, 500 and 1000 days, be the director of the same company (same times as above stated), maintain maximum efficiency for a week, a month and a year. And for racing, take part in 100, 1000, 10000 races and win 100, 1000 and 10000 races.

I think these would be good addition as they reward commitment and award different play styles. Maybe you can added them to your list :) (I'm not very good when it comes to naming things though :p)