Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

UPDATE - Gym Ratio Script

Started by WAGA [681394] on in Tools & Userscripts.

19 replies · 907 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
27
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

WAGA [681394]

Is there anyone that would be willing to work on this to make it work with the new gym layout page and have a full functionality?

The original script maker is not interested in patching it and is happy for someone else to continue!

LINK
RGiskard [1953860]

Heheh, I never said I wasn't interested, only that I've been very busy and it's hard to make it a priority.

Thanks for doing some of the legwork Xiphias. That is a big help and leaves less to think about.

Since so many people are already using the existing script and can receive the updates if they haven't found this thread, I'll just update that.
Xiphias [187717]

I changed the title, so you should change it back to your original title where ever yours is hosted. Otherwise I think they will have 2 scripts installed.
RGiskard [1953860]

I didn't copy-paste the whole thing, just found the differences and integrated them. I added you as a credit too, Xiphias.

One thing I changed from the old script was to remove the % of total display for each stat. Looks like Ched's dev added that themselves if you hover over the stat value. Otherwise it was wrapping to the next line, which looked silly. If anybody was depending on that info, that's where you can find it now.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer

Thanks! You can't mouseover for percent of total when you're in a special gym btw as those are greyed out atm.
RGiskard [1953860]

I see that. The code for the mouseover that handles the other two stats is not immediately obvious to me, especially as I'm not a web developer.

It would be nice if hover worked on all stats without the need of a script. I don't see why it should be disabled for stats you can't train in that gym, as it's just informational.

Another option would be to stick it somewhere else that wouldn't interfere with what's already there.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer

I don't see the point of it not being available either, it'd be good to have an overview without changing gyms just to see the balance. 

There's room to the right of the build selection drop down thing, but it'd be pretty small. 
Xiphias [187717]

 I've updated the code a bit to use more generalized css selectors. It should work the same as before, but in case the auto generated class names change the script shouldn't break.
RGiskard [1953860]

Lol, I noticed you used my name as a class name for simplification.

Thanks again for more fixes. I took your generic stuff and other new code, plus I fixed an apparent issue where switching gyms would cause the text regarding how far away you were from the limits to disappear.

My version is now at 2.3.1 and hopefully has everything you've done.
Xiphias [187717]

Heh I figured using a class would be easiest to look up the element again, and I couldn't think of a good name to use.

Could you send me your fixes or link to your script so I can apply that gym-change fix? I don't know where yours is hosted.