Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Remove limits while traveling

Started by Luces [2078338] on in Suggestions.

31 replies · 607 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Luces [2078338]

You can see player profiles, but not faction profiles - even your own.
You can read newspaper, check personals and classified ads - but can't look at job listings.
You can view and trade stocks, but you can't even check the prices on the TC market.
You can send mail, but you can't send a faction newsletter.
You obviously have access to the Internet (otherwise how could you use the Laptop to read the paper and trade stocks).

We think You should be able to view faction pages, and all of the newspaper.

Also able to do company management since its mostly ordering new stock, set prices to your products, hire / fire employees, and change an employee's job. (Which all basically are the same as sending a mail and notifying them of Your decision.)


In addition, should it not be realistic to do hacking crimes while flying with laptop, though this feature would maybe be more complicated to execute?

Also I see it fit if Poker, Keno and Bookie (even lottery, though not really necessary) would be unlocked.

After all, we live in an era where a lot of actions can be done online.

SUMMARY:

UNLOCK: Faction pages, Company pages, Job Listings and Property Market in newsletter, View Item Market, Faction newsletter, Hacking crimes, Poker, Keno, Bookie, Lottery, Bazaar view

LEAVE LOCKED: Employee training, Purchase from Item Market

PS: Credit goes to KermodeBear, who gave me the green light to post this idea.
Nola [2103158]

Actually I think you should be able to access the newspaper even without a laptop. It is possible to bring a hard copy on the plan with you. I think it would also up newpaper readership as only about 3,000 out of 23,000 active players read the newspaper articles...

Also subscribing to Torn and buying donor packs should be able to be done at anytime. That's a revenue thing for the site and the business. I know personally I can travel most of the time during my waking hours on Torn, so you can only earn revenue on me a percentage of the time. I cancelled my subscription once, and when I went to get my subscription back I was flying and wasn't able to do so. It was several days before I remembered again.
-MR-J- [2155961]

I think we should be able to see how much XP till next level because that bugs the hell out of me not knowing how close I am 
DjRedo [133194]

Are you referring to the level awards? If so this does not show your progress within the current level. It shows your current level compared to the level required for the award.

Example:
I am level 43, next Medal is at level 45.
43 is 95% of 45. So since my first day as a level 43 I have been at 95%. This percentage will only go up o 97% (or 98%) as I reach level 44 and then remain unchanged until I am finally level 45 and get the medal. 

On a sidenote I think the lack of this function might be due to players holding level. They would eventually pass 100%, something that typically could be problematic when programming the UI. The holders would perhaps be the one's most in need of it, as it is hard to know where you're actually at after holding for a while.


MadRush3 [2066038]

I think this has little to do with traveling, but already you can go to the soothsayer in China and she will tell you how close you are.
iPunish [1604376]

I agree completely with OP.

I believe if you can see a profile, you should be able to see inside factions. Your own and others. Now doing stuff inside of those of course shouldn't be allowed but it would be nice to know you could see inside of it though.

Sending cash, 2 players in UAE, you should be able to send that person direct cash, wether it's what you have on your hand and only limited to that(even that would help) 

Company pages same as above for factions, you should be able to see all things just not use any of it.

Bazaar, it would be nice if you could see inside your bazaar while traveling from your profile page, just to see what you have left, or what you need to bring back etc.
SporkMonkey [2065017]

No. This has been suggested over and over and will never be approved. Besides, knowing changes the focus of the game play. Also, Why level too fast? You looking to be a leveling target?
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

There are ways to know, some more straight-forward than others.

If you look at level HoF, people within a same level are ranked by exp, so the higher you are within your own level, the closer you are to being able to level up. Level holders also rank within it though, so it's more reliable on higher levels since there are less holders than on lower ones.

If you're above level 15 and not holding, you can just travel to China and pay the fortune teller, which gives you a specific % as to how close you are to the next level. It doesn't work if you're holding because it will just always say 100%.

For level holders, 10* Candle Shops have a special to view someone's true level. I've bought that service plenty of times, it's useful and somewhat traumatizing.

Anyway, on topic, I upvoted. Especially things like faction newsletters, when other mails work fine while traveling. Virus/hacking crimes could also technically be done since you have a laptop while flying. Also the newspaper, I guess I always support the newspaper. >.>
Eva [1635737]

What about casino support on laptop?

edit: I see this already have been suggested in this thread higher. 
Luces [2078338]

Don't want those kind of thumbs in here. "Weirdo" should keep that to general discussion. Anything to add or argue on the subject?
Hamr [2027992]

Add in the ability to transfer money to another player from your on-hand cash. You can receive it and you can trade stocks, so you clearly have access to your bank account enough to make cash transfers already, so why not just finish the darn thing off?