429 errors feel way to easy to trigger if i try and refresh every 1 second, especially on attack pages. Is this intended? On a related note, privacy passes don't seem to work as advertised.
429 Errors
Started by Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Tyrion [1967379]
· 2 likes ·
Yeah, these captchas only happened to me in the last 2 days, however since profiles and pages in general are auto-updated since a while back, the lag issue became worse I think this is a serious issue that needs to …
429 errors feel way to easy to trigger if i try and refresh every 1 second, especially on attack pages. Is this intended? On a related note, privacy passes don't seem to work as advertised.
Never mind, I take it back. The 429 is too easy to trigger when im navigating torn 1 page per second, especially if im panicking doing things quickly overseas. Can this restriction be loosened / enable the Privacy Pass extension?
Broke a chain I tried to run tonight in the first 10 because of these errors .. When did this layer of security get added? I load my target profile pages out of a bookmark folder (right click - "open all in new window") and tonight it started going nuts on me .. captcha's wouldn't even reload the pages without log socket delays ..
Same issue here while refreshing the jail page for instance.
I understand the need for DDOS protection, however this is getting annoying now while I am logged in as a user and a paid subscriber ffs
Ched, can you please implement safe user ip's, to avoid these constant "I'm not a robot" captchas?
Exactly same here. Hardly playable with this issue.
I've just tested this, refreshed the gym once per second for 60 seconds. No issues.
Are you spam refreshing? Because that is the exact thing this system is meant to protect us from - a highly unnecessary rate of requests.
When refreshing the jail, I tend to every 5-10 seconds to bust low levels, while my bust cooldown allows it and I usually have at least 6-8 tabs open as well.
In the past few hours while being online, I've encountered 15+ captchas now.
It also happens while browsing through other pages besides the jail btw
Having 6-8 tabs all constantly making requests to the server would most certainly do it. That's a crazy amount of requests. I've disabled it for now.
This was never an issue in the past though, I can have up to 20 tabs open while chaining even...
Unviewed/inactive tabs shouldn't auto-refresh imo, until they are active again.
That will surely relieve the stress on the servers
also happens when refreshing someone's bazaar or poker game
Yeah, these captchas only happened to me in the last 2 days, however since profiles and pages in general are auto-updated since a while back, the lag issue became worse
I think this is a serious issue that needs to be looked at by devs, as it seems that the servers are unnecassarily overloaded by requests.
Combine this with a DDos and Torn collapses easily
Totally. But now we are unable to do that via Jail bust.
We can try to reproduce this issue.
It's easily reproduced, just have a few tabs open and refresh a single page a few times
Edit: Ched has turned it off for now though
i figured this was the case, but i limited myself to one tab, and it still
It's not about stress on the servers, it's about automatically differentiating you from potentially 10,000 attackers using just the rate of requests.
I've disabled this rate limiting for now, it's likely not needed anyway. It was only a precautionary measure.
For logged in users, there's still the usual session 'page load' limit which should be sufficient.
I see ok, well thanks anyway I guess lol
Haven't had any problems since, so I'm all ok with that :)