started a fight to make a war hit, and before it even loaded the opponent's armor it told me a team mate had finished the fight, my attack log is useless to me... just tells me I joined a fight... pretty sure this is due to the lag on Torn's end, otherwise I would have been greeted with a join fight button, and wouldn't have expended the energy, or I would have at least some of my team mates hits in my log... the log doesn't even mention my team mate that did make the hit... this was a waste of my 25 energy and I believe it should be reimbursed.
This really may happen because of lag - when system will not recognize when you are still in fight during another participant hit. Please check the log now.
that's great, now you show that I joined the fight.... but again, this is not relevant to what I witnessed on my screen, I mean doctoring/editing the logs after the fact, will not restore my lost/wasted/expended energy while my faction attempts to chain.
I understand that it's likely not the fault of Torn or it's staff that the site is lagging, and is more likely to be external actors causing issues through exploits/attacks. But the fact that the attack log took 8-9 hours to finally show me what really happened is disappointing, additionally the fact that an attack log has been altered three times now, doesn't sit well with me. I'd assume that they're a system generated record of evidence, and should be accurate, factual, and preserved. In order to preserve evidence one does not alter or contaminate the evidence.
Additionally my energy still disappeared, and you haven't addressed that portion of my concern.
What actually happened - you joined the fight, however first attacker finished it in that exact moment. However because of lag log was incomplete. Nothing actually wrong with the fight itself.
What I read from your response is... that it's my fault. Everything was working great, except the lag, and therefor you can't/won't do anything for me/players affected during times of lag. I'm sorry my faction's chain time overlapped with unexpected bouts of lag.
If the servers weren't lagging:
1) The loader screen would have shown me a Join Fight button/option over a Start Fight button. (which I wouldn't have joined)
2) The loader would have shown the target as unconscious and I wouldn't have been able to enter the fight.
3) Had I clicked at the exact second the final hit was dealt, I would have been provided an accurate attack log telling me that my faction mate Slavi_w had completed the fight, and been able to determine that it was unlucky timing on my part.
According to logs there was a 1 second difference - I afraid sometimes it may not have enough time to update even without lag with such difference. As for 'unconscious' - target was defeated after you joined the fight in any case.