Recently played a visit to the forums. Where I was ganged up on by a bunch of higher lvl players that said a lot of harsh things and expect nothing to be said back. When I did I started receiving tons of bounties from people who were just as wrong or petty as they were calling me. They literally used the phrase " will ruin your experience here" my question is... How is this something we allow or promote? I can see how that would drive people away from playing and thats the last thing we want isn't it? Its bad enough that I'm expected to take insults but not dish them back but because we have different views or personality we should try and drive people away from the game completely? Something seems very wrong and very cowardly about the and I would just like someone decent to explain the logic behind such b.s. and lowely tactics? It seems unfair and honestly a bit too controlled. I didn't hear nearly one person say a word about the wrong things people were calling me or saying to me yet they crucified my every post. Reminds me of the lil kids on the playground when they get harsh and gang up to avoid being targeted. Only you could reach out and touch the kid running his mouth on the playground lol. So what do I do?
Bounties
Started by SupremeCQ [2164815] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 44
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 47 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Yasen [1924620]
· 16 likes ·
Hey, I got so yardwork I need to do later so when you're done with digging yourself into a hole can I borrow your shovel? - Celica [1962961]
· 8 likes ·
Your attitude sucks mate, that's why people dislike your posts - Hemorrhoid [1969864]
· 8 likes ·
[image: i.imgur.com]
Mentioned in this thread
hill007 [1616770] ×1
Recently played a visit to the forums. Where I was ganged up on by a bunch of higher lvl players that said a lot of harsh things and expect nothing to be said back. When I did I started receiving tons of bounties from people who were just as wrong or petty as they were calling me. They literally used the phrase " will ruin your experience here" my question is... How is this something we allow or promote? I can see how that would drive people away from playing and thats the last thing we want isn't it? Its bad enough that I'm expected to take insults but not dish them back but because we have different views or personality we should try and drive people away from the game completely? Something seems very wrong and very cowardly about the and I would just like someone decent to explain the logic behind such b.s. and lowely tactics? It seems unfair and honestly a bit too controlled. I didn't hear nearly one person say a word about the wrong things people were calling me or saying to me yet they crucified my every post. Reminds me of the lil kids on the playground when they get harsh and gang up to avoid being targeted. Only you could reach out and touch the kid running his mouth on the playground lol. So what do I do?
It would be different if they were just attacking me that at least ain't cowardly. But this stuff... Nah it's just wrong. Its damn near harrassment
Your attitude sucks mate, that's why people dislike your posts
Hey, I got so yardwork I need to do later so when you're done with digging yourself into a hole can I borrow your shovel?
Ever heard of... paragraphs?
Dont be a forum troll and nothing bad will happen to you. You made a complete ass of yourself, and now youre facing the consequences.
Want to know what wont make it to away? More forum posts like this one... Im gonna go place some bounties =]
Perhaps this is the forum thread you are talking about. See, I have a reputation as a 'noob helper' and a nice guy. But after seeing the way you talk I would say you deserved it and you look like a potential recruit of TRT. Now, get your ass out of your head. Ignore others and work your way up. You won't get much by earning enemies.
Mentions: Grim Reapers catch the blues...
There is a hierarchy built into the game based on statistics. The entire game is based around this. Imagine a fight between a polar bear and a penguin. Whether the penguin starts the fight or just hits back. Does the penguin have the right to complain about it?
Sure, maybe you could route for the penguin if it tried to run. But the second the penguin decides to fight the bear...... Everyone knows how that will end.... You sir, Are a penguin, You didn't run. The seemingly unfair advantage some here have over others is present in all aspects of life.
First rule of torn.... Your ego will only help if you have an equal amount of stats to back it up.
Keep your head down and play on. The storm shall soon pass.
I only read about half that block text, but I got the jist that you're not very good at dealing with bounty wars, or bounty slaughters if it's one sided? :P I'm in a bounty war myself, and I'll tell ya, they aren't all that bad, though they can be a pita sometimes, just think when you get a little stronger, you'll be happy they're bounty wars going on so you can get lots of easy work as a bounty hunter. ;)
As for kids ganging up on the new kid at the playground, it's not a bad analogy, as pvp games like this, people are more apt to go along with the pre-established mentality treatment. Unless they have their own code they go by, but you won't see those fellas, cuz they off doing their own thing/hanging with their own peeps. 8) And perhaps you said some wrong things, I dunno, cuz I myself only hang out in a few of the forum categories, mainly donator/question, with a peak here n there into general. :P
Trolls have always been, and probably always will be part of internet communities, just take a look at games like league of legends, the blasted fellas rule supreme their. D: Even regular ol forums have a few trolls here n there, so a game like this is bound to have lots, you just gotta learn not to feed dem trolls. And they'll usually go to someone else to get some food instead, unless they've got some kinda vendetta for you. ;)
what's a line break?
Anywho, we are the creators of our emotions; how you deal with and respond to harsh comments is entirely under your control.
If you can't handle it over the intertubes, how do you do it IRL? This is a question you should ask yourself, while looking into a metaphorical mirror.
If attention is what you desire (unconsciously, consciously, or both), then you came to the right place! Just don't be surprised when other players take aim at the target you've painted on yourself.
"So what did I do?"
You were tone-deaf and abrasive. You mocked people 10,000x your size. Where does that not earn you a punch in the nose? This is not a "fun" game every day. It's a Darwinian ecosystem that most do not survive. Sometimes the "weeding out" becomes deliberate and nasty. You made a bad start, but you're still here. Stop whining, stop making bitch threads, and take your knocks as a learning experience. The bounties will pass and your faux-pas will soon fade in the collective memory - better you **** up now than in 30 levels. Besides - if you learn to play with bounties on you, you'll have learned some very important Torn lessons.
Polar bears and penguins live in opposite poles, so unless some sick **** pays them plane tickets I'm not sure how that fight works.
Clearly you didn't read much of it. I was not the first or the main one being brash until people started throwing words like retard and shit around. For what? Cause I chose to partake in the forums? I hear your point but I didn't just flat out come here bothering people. When slick stuff is said to me I naturally wanna respond
I would say 95 % of the forum have terrible attitudes and weak morals. But yea. Single me out lol
And that I totally get. Hence whats the point of a bounty? Its just a punk ass move.
I wasn't trolli g and didn't have any I tend to start up with guys like say yourself. But you all had shit to say and none of you think those comments were ass hole moves or deserving of anything. Not even a reply back lol I'm just suppose to let a bunch of lames talk all day but I should refrain? That's backwards. Isn't this post semi trolling on your behalf? I would say so. But you wonn0t catch no shit. Why? Your attitude better? Your stats better so that makes it cool? Tf outta here
I see you've spotted cousin lary, he's the biggest baddest penguin around, he can even 1v1 them badass seals. ;)
You don't have enough to run off to try and judge my attitude or character, Mate. That's just how I feel though. Don't nobody lose your mind and start no shit over it. Like the rest did