Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

excessive rehab?

Started by NikolaTesla [1631174] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 322 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Hi everyone

 

I just ODd twice in succession with LSD. This has happened to me quite a few times and (although it is obviously extremely irritating) is not what I have a question about.

 

No. What seems wrong to me relates to the associated rehabbing of these ODs.

 

After the first OD as usual I headed over to Switzerland and did a full rehab and was completely clean i.e. It said I had 0% addiction and although I still had money I was unable to rehab any further.


When I got back to TC (because I had slept during the period of travel for the rehab) the cooldown for the previous acid had ended and my EB was full. So when I logged in I used LSD immediately. As I indicated earlier, I ODd again.

 

So off I head again to Switzerland. When I got there I had to use the rehab bar 3 times, costing $750,000.


I had expected to only need to use the rehab bar one time at a cost of $250,000 because I had rehabbed to 0% addiction on the previous visit and had only used drugs once, causing the OD that had brought me back here.

 

My question is, considering those points, why did I have to use the rehab bar 3 times and not just once? Surely I should have only needed to use it once in this situation?

NT
shaz1 [270923]

Rehab become less effective the more rehab you have done. In your case, at current rehab effectiveness, 1 LSD OD will cost 3 rehabs to clean. As you rehab more times, the number of rehabs needed to clean 1 LSD OD will increase to 4,5,6rehabs ..until you reach the ceiling. 

I do not rehab so I can't be so sure of this but this is what I have been reading. If someone comes and say this is not correct I would gladly delete this post.

 
xXKid-ChaosXx [2127965]

from what I've read and heard from other people, addiction has nothing to do with the chance of an overdose. and like the person above said, the more you rehab the less effective it gets. The wiki explains it better though.
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Ah, I should have been clearer. The rehab itself is just to refill the Happy bar which loses 50% with an LSD OD. I know and agree that number of rehabs per visit isn't related to that at all.

 

The reason I expected only 1 click on the rehab bar is because I only used drugs once since the last rehab.

 

Shaz1 may have cleared my confusion. I suspect that if the single LSD I used had not resulted in an OD then I probably would have only needed one rehab click to clear up addiction.

 

From what he said, it seems that I have to take in to account the OD as well as the number of drugs since the last rehab. That does make sense.

 
Otter [1821671]

An OD is approximately the same as taking 2.5 drugs at once.

So depending on how many times you have rehabbed.. maybe taking 2.5lsd would have done the same thing.
Taburisu [295365]

Since you just need to refill your happy bar, you just need to click on one bar, no need to fully rehabbed. Especially since addiction gained have nothing to do with OD chance.
fuad [2088400]

some people believe taking drug after a recent rehab increase the od chance, but theres no proof for that
luckyluke2722 [2125914]

LSD is what I believe the key culprit for OD. Although there have been no real statistics on this but I have taken enough LSD & talked to enough people taking LSD to somewhat verify this. 

You might have already know about this but I wished someone had tipped me earlier on this before all those ODs I had to go through till I stop using LSD.

As for the rehab cost yes I found that it cost more immediately after close period OD rehab.
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Luckyluke2722

There are plenty statsics on drug use! LSD is known to have about a 6% OD rate (xanax on the other hand is only about 2%).

You have only taken 272 drugs of which LSD at 100 is the one you used the most! Although these are small numbers for your age they are not! Anyway, your OD rate is around the 6% mark so fits in with what is know about LSD.

NT
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

lol I have ODed more in 100+ less LSD.

You have lost 86% of your drug addiction by rehabilitating 4 times for $800,000.

Seems like I've rehabbed more considering the costs though, perks aside.

I'd say only rehab if you OD or if you reach the point where addiction might put your edu at risk.

Otherwise I don't really care much.