Recently I have noticed that if I switch to another window or tab in Chrome, the Global chat stops updating automatically, and just freezes on whatever phrase I left. It either starts updating after I F5 the whole page or maybe catches on when I switch to Torn tab after about 10-15 seconds, maybe more. This isn't how it used to be so I wonder if it might be some bug or something.
Chat updating problems
Started by Dr_Benway [1958371] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 35
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- rAtAplAn [2110765]
· 4 likes ·
It happens on and off, so not 100% of the time. It's not the addons though. Tested with Firefox + addons, Firefox no addons and even (oh god) Internet Explorer. All had it. - ChaosReigns [2169241]
· 2 likes ·
Your faction logo and name suggests otherwise. Still occuring. Annoying af. You post a message and then chat updates and your message is just left there totally irrelevant. - LucyPanda [270111]
· 2 likes ·
This is still happening to me, on both my home and work pcs, with different ISPs, different browsers and neither of them using addons. I have also cleared my cache at home. Was on server Php1 at home this morning, …
Mentioned in this thread
Boxingfan1979 [2133599] ×1
Recently I have noticed that if I switch to another window or tab in Chrome, the Global chat stops updating automatically, and just freezes on whatever phrase I left. It either starts updating after I F5 the whole page or maybe catches on when I switch to Torn tab after about 10-15 seconds, maybe more. This isn't how it used to be so I wonder if it might be some bug or something.
i am unable to replicate this issue on Chrome. do you have any scripts or addons active?
oh wait it seems that my adblock had automatically prevented the page from setting cookies, might this be the issue?
I managed to time out my chat just by sitting there and typing on the [forum] page. Again, like Robert said, F5 fixes the issue. But I feel like this is ridiculous, refreshing the page just to reconnect chat. Possibly a similar issue.
One of the primary issues is that there isn't a red text error message that appears in my chat.
I am getting a stacktrace in my console. here is one of them.
Error: [object Object] Stack trace: t@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:1:19931 t@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:1:23130 value@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:1:24475 t.request@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:1:23621 a/<@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:5:382872 l@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:5:57493 t.rooms/</<@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:5:19494 t.rooms/<@https://www.torn.com/js/chat/chat.9127b50a4ce135c658dbafdf1c641b92886b2aa8.js:5:19454
I'm having a problem with the chat not updating too. I'll have it open, and just sitting there, but not receive any messages. No clue why. I think tabbing away may be causing it to happen, but I'm not really sure how to confirm.
Something similar is happening to me too, although it happens even when I don't tab out. I'm using Firefox, not Chrome. I have no add-ons. I often will have to type something into chat for it to update, rather than it just flowing as it should (and did up until recently).
Having the exact same problem. Firefox with TornPlus and an adblocker.
It's been like this for the past day and a half at least.
I can't reproduce that.
Please try to reproduce the issue with disabled addons.
also having this issue, i only recently noticed it (like half an hour ago), chat was not automatically refreshing until i typed in it and saw that things had already passed by. i do have a couple of add-ons and i use google chrome.
This is still happening to me, on both my home and work pcs, with different ISPs, different browsers and neither of them using addons.
I have also cleared my cache at home.
Was on server Php1 at home this morning, am Php2 now.
I can confirm this and managed to screen shot this:
[image: i.imgur.com][image: imgur.com]
After closing and reopening the chat:
[image: i.imgur.com]
(My timezone is CET=TCT+1)
I don't know yet under which specific circumstances this occurs, but i too have an adblocker and torn+ running.
It happens on and off, so not 100% of the time.
It's not the addons though.
Tested with Firefox + addons, Firefox no addons and even (oh god) Internet Explorer. All had it.
Using Chrome on mobile.
Device: Nokia 3
Model: TA-1020
Platform: Android 8.0.0
Happens often if i do not post in chat for a few minutes. Refreshing the page usually updates chat.
Any updates on this?
chat is fine, these all lying
Your faction logo and name suggests otherwise.
Still occuring. Annoying af.
You post a message and then chat updates and your message is just left there totally irrelevant.
This is still happening to me too. On different pcs with different browsers, no addons, every time I change tabs or windows and sometimes even when I don't.
Can we please get someone to take another look at this?
what if its just your software your using on your computers/ mobiles/ ipads ect...As this problem is only 'affecting' a very small group
I am also facing the same issue for last 4-5 days.My chat is not updating and it only updates when I refresh or open another tab.
I am using chrome browser and tornplus extension, no addons.