Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Creativity Game

Started by kjkato [360623] on in Fun & Games.

10 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
18 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
kjkato [360623]

I am writing a book (or at least trying to) but due to recent writers block I have been slacking.  I need some inspiration.  So who want's to play the creativity game??? 

 

Here are the simple rules!!!!  I collect Citroen Saxo cars as anyone can tell after looking into my display cabinet.  So send me a Cirtoen Saxo car/cars and In the message section please be sure to include  a little ditty (poem, haiku, or limerick.  I will choose the winner based on creativity and effort.  Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! 

The winner will recieive $5,000,000 in cold hard Torn Cash!!! 

Disclaimer:  If you are nice and send more than one car with your entry that will not get you a better chance of winning though you will have karma points for the future!  If you wish to send more than one car with more than one creative writing that is awesome too! 

 

DISQUALIFICATIONS:  IF YOU SUBMIT A WRITING WITH A CAR AND YOUR WRITING IS PLAGIARIZED AND NOT YOUR OWN YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE PLAIN AND SIMPLE!  Please refrain from sending song lyrics!

 

This contest is about fun and positive creative writing.  All events will be judged two weeks from now!  If you are creative enough and I really like your stuff I may just double the loot!   So good luck, thanks for entering, and may the best wordsmith win. 
kjkato [360623]

Hello and thanks for the post.  Lets break this down, others creativity might give me fresh thoughts or other ideas/directions as to where to go with my writing.  We often find inspiration from the words of others.  Understand?  I am giving away the cash to the winner of the contest and other prizes too. 

 

To the person that was kind enough to send the note and the car, I admire you wanting to enter but sadly we have already heard about the man from Nantucket lol
jetwagon284 [2088372]

if u need help with ur writer's block, i find that reading other books in the genre ur trying to work in helps. u can kind of mesh togehter some of the things from those. also, my humanities (ELA and history) teahcer says that thinking of a memory from ur life, and using that as a seed for ur story can help.

(btw im not trying to win, jsut trying to help someone else who likes writing)
Ninivah [1950421]

I find one of the best ways to break writer' d block is to keep writing even if it's gibberish.

In theory, you think you need inspiration but to stop writing because you have none is countrrproductive. 

 
kjkato [360623]

I need inspiration, trust me on this!  I am working on a book of short stories and hit a block.  Heck usually I listen to music to get back on track but thats not working.  Hell, I tried to compose some guitar music today and still nada.  Nothing but garbage in my head at the moment.  Sadly I have over 40 guitars and no inspiration at the moment.  Thanks for all of your entries folks, keep them coming!
kjkato [360623]

Well I don't need a seed as I am already 3 pages in but seemingly stuck but thank you for the advice!  Keep those cars coming.   Lets make this cash for creativity give-a-way huge!  I might even decide to give away 20 mil!