Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fruitcake Value Time span display problem

Started by Temeriare [2194328] on in Bugs & Issues.

13 replies · 196 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Temeriare [2194328]

Confirmed reports from multiple people after I first saw this myself. Personally found on Windows, chrome browser, and on the current Torn mobile device app. Friends tested on Torn mobile and replicated the problem there. Both reset cookies, cleared browser data, etc. and replicated the problem. the issue seems to be in the last month to last 1 year span of fruitcake value display.

below is a link to screenshots of the above mentioned problem. 

https://imgur.com/a/OMpllCn

sorry had to figure out how to put the images in. not really a forum user
Curio [645429]

how has the fruitcake population increased without the adding of Christmas Town?

 

Went from 297,000 to 440,000 in a week...the price dropped from 400,000 each to 4-5k each.
Luna [1458904]

Yes, it is. Also it took two months to hear about this, I understand, it's fruitcake, who cares. Yet the timing then was important to us. Is it not bugged on your end?
AlexBlack [2181214]

Yes I remember fruitcakes where 300k when I needed one for the duke special fruitcake mission as a new player I did not have enough to buy a single fruitcake, this was Oct-November 18 then December I believe the fruitcakes started being listed in the shops so I brought several 1000 at 30 a piece, so I’m never down a fruitcake. Looking back at the previous prices I sometimes can even find evidence of them being 300k at a time I know they where selling at that price. This did confuse me.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

We discovered this is due to the graphing system removing anomalous data (I.e. Freak 100x higher days). In Fruitcake's extreme example, it's removing the overly inflated prices from showing. Hopefully this is just a single case and we can leave it.

Basically, it doesn't work too well with items that have had extreme fluctuations, however it's cleaner and more useful in 99.99% other cases.
Luna [1458904]

I remember seeing some other items in the item market having this same issue too, unsure if it was due to extreme fluctuations, yet i couldn't go back past 3 months for one item or something like that.