Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

REPORTING CHATROOM OPTION PLACEMENT

Started by Scotty912 [2183644] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 90 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

Scotty912 [2183644]

Im chatting with soneone, and when I go to send I hit the report button on accident, it happens very frequently because I get it confused as a send button, I think ita bad placement and I for the first time accidentally pressed yes to report when I definitely did not mean to. I think it should be fixed. 

 
Grif [882958]

i have never had this issue, on phone, tablet, PC or anything alike, 

your sent button is part of your keyboard while your report button is part of the chat system.

you must be clicking off the text field, to click on the report button, if its mobile

while you'd need to hit enter on a PC

I cant see any issue, is there any more info you have to add here, also the report button has two stages, i dont see how you can "accidently report"

http://prntscr.com/lrlg93

any other info you can add about your issue would help, but if its just you hitting it by mistakei dont think there is much of an issue
Stewie [1494547]

It's definitely possible-- especially on mobile devices. I've done it a few times myself. The Confirmation is definitely a life saver as well.

It's not really an issue, and there's nowhere else to put the buttons, so I don't think anything can be done about it.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It's already in the correct area and has a confirmation. I don't see what we can do without a substantial UI change, and it'd look very odd if these options were on the right side I think. The best option I suppose would be to eventually move them into a dropdown panel from a button next to "_" and "X".
Scotty912 [2183644]

Thanks guys, it was really my fault of mistaking the report button for the send button lol it does have the confirmation but I go so fast and ahead myself that I accidentally,confirmed the report lol I just didnt want my chat buddy to catch a chat ban or anything lol