Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Job points

Started by Minosopia [2017261] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Minosopia [2017261]

Quick question since I saw something interesting on tornstats. 

If I have a job at a Candy Store and I save up and end up with 1K points. Then for whatever reason I leave or am let go do I keep my job points if I move to another Candy Store or am rehired?

 
TealJade [1737229]

Yes you keep the points. You can switch between companies of the same type and use them. If you go to another type of company you will not but the points will still be available if you switch back to the first type. 

Edit- I am slow. 
Silkhands [2118155]

Here's a silly thought....

If you leave a job, having points in it, and start a company of the same type would the points also follow you that way? I'm guessing they would but wouldn't want to second guess.
Franky [1529693]

Yes, any unused points from any company type are kept.

You can see what job points you have in a company type by using the api:

https://api.torn.com/user/UID?selections=jobpoints&key=APIKEY

e.g.

{"jobpoints":{"jobs":{"medical":5,"education":4,"law":1,"grocer":2},"companies":{"5":{"name":"Clothing Store","jobpoints":10},"12":{"name":"Grocery Store","jobpoints":5},"14":{"name":"Sweet Shop","jobpoints":5},"15":{"name":"Cruise Line","jobpoints":39},"16":{"name":"Television Network","jobpoints":17},"39":{"name":"Detective Agency","jobpoints":61}}}}