Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sellbutton

Started by Jairyll [2167612] Officer on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 269 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
6
Authority score
69 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Huhu and merry Xmas everyone!

It might be a simple questuon...but someone just asked me why don't I just sell certain stuff on my itemslist (equip, send, sell, trash)

The problem is...there is no sell button for me...only a gap :o 

Is there a reason???

 

Greetings, Jairyll
Pachico [2066685]

i think those stuff can't be sold to the game (there's no shop that buys them, like lets say guns go to big al's and candy to that old lady) some items can't be sold to them and are only sold in item market/bazaars
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Well...but when We talk about HEG for example, I've been told there should be the sellbutton.... but I don't have it...for no item.
Kayla [2031661]

Are you doing in BOTH the price and quantity fields before trying to sell?

Also make sure those HEGs aren't equipped.
Ricky-Bobby [297109]

 ahhh well HEG you got big AL's gun shop.

https://www.torn.com/bigalgunshop.php

 

scroll down you sell your stuff at the bottom of the screen now.

different shops buy different stuff....different strokes for different folks!

 

 

 
Tyrion [1967379]

Be aware that items that can be sold back to the game, aka in shops, usually go for alot less cash than selling them to players or on the market and or your own bazaar.

So before you go on a selling spree, look into this or else you might regret it later lol
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Thx for ur answers but the mystery is not solved yet :p

I know I can go to big Al's or somewhere else to sell different stuff... But people told me that there is a sell button in my items list when I click on *items*...it should work for some at least. My example was heg but it should work for me for a lot more...but for every item there is just a gap instead of*sell* ...I don't get it :D And no it's not equippedd... I feel like an Alien as everyone else seems to have it :D

 
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

It sounds like you are clicking on "items" which takes you to your inventory list, and trying to sell from there.  You can't do that.

Find a trader, send them a trade, add the items to the trade. That's one way.

Or go to your bazaar and click on "Add Items".

You can't sell directly from the items inventory.

 
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Yeah that's what I thought till now and found weird as well. But someone told I could exactly do that... And then I was searching for it on wiki and I found also that there seem to be these buttons in ur itemlist below certain items: equip, send, sell, trash.... So I'm confused :D
HerpSac [2117255]

You can sell primary, secondary, and melee weapons directly from your inventory, but not temporary weapons. I believe you can sell cars directly from your inventory as well. The list of things you can sell directly from your inventory is a very short list and you might not have any items that you can directly sell... and as other would say, if you decide to sell something using the “sell button” you’ll not make as much money as you would if you sold it on the item market. 0/10 would not recommend. 
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Well, I learned something new.  I'd never noticed "sell" buttons in my inventory at all, but at least some items do have them.

Even so, you will be better off to sell them via a bazaar or sell them to a trader.  The Torn shops pay very, very little.

 
Taburisu [295365]

Temporary can be sold from item list. But as I've checked some categories don't have the option.

Anyhow, if the OP couldn't sell their HEG from theie inventory, then it's either because it was a faction loan or equipped. But they have confirmed that it's not the case. 

I'd suggest OP bring this topic to B&I to have a clear understanding if it was a case of inventory, bazaar, or somethkng.

[image: cdn.pbrd.co]
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Thank u all guys! <3 I found a sellbutton for a gun.... Weird though u also have it for grenades etc...as I said I don't. Well it's not so important... I sell my stuff on my bazaar, I was just curious... What is B&I though?

 
nutmeg [2140333]

Yeah, you should definitely be able to sell temps through inventory. Submit a bug report if you're bothered by it, if not just go to Big Al's.
TrueRippTorn [2138073]

Jairyll,

Yesterday i had altered some font sizes in the settings of my Google Chrome© web browser and it made quite a mess of things. The dialog box in Christmas Town was way out of whack and i was seeing some unusual images. My GUI was out of whack as i had to lead my icon through CTOWN by his toes rather than his midpoint. 

I don't know what platform you are playing on(smart phone/computer) nor what browser you are using. But if something should be there but obviously isn't, then ask yourself if you ever fiddled with the font shapes and sizes in your browser setting. Zooming in/out on the page is know to place some limitations on page visibility as well. 

Try playing the game on a different platform or web browser and see if the problem is consistent or if it is limited to the one in particular....

 
Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer

Huhu and thx :)

Good idea :D But I checked on other devices and nothing changed. I'm also playing most of the times using the app..?so it should be there. Thx everyone .I'll write a bugreport :)