l think this is the most frustrating thing about P&L.
Random people will legit demonize you just for starting a discussion. they assume your views, and then try to make you out to be a evil person.
You become this imaginary figure in their minds as everything evil in the world. its like they see your thread, disagree with the title, then instantly come to the conclusion your a bad person without even reading the thread, having a convo, or any interaction with you.
Thoughts? has this happened to you? have you seen this happen before?
What do you do in that kind of situation?
Embrace it and make it mine
Howdy Purp,Hope you had a good one
yeah your a beast man. i see people make you out to be a bad guy all the time, but ive never seen you go out of your way to offend anyone who didnt pick a fight with you.
keep being you popa. you always make me laugh, and thanks. you as well man.
I have a simple process in these forums:
People post things, and if I am interested in their post I respond. I generally try to be nice, logical, and persuasive with my comments. I am not always right, and I will post apologies and such when I am wrong. I am in other words willing to be convinced that my views are wrong, and I am willing to read opinions that do not conform to my views. I like to learn, and when I feel that the opinion poster has done a good job of changing my mind I will admit it.
What I am not willing to do is put up with fanciful nonsense, conspiracy theories with no actual proof, and off topic comments designed to pull others into discussions that have little or nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
In other words, when I see bullshit or nonsense posts, I generally try to be nice but firm, and when that doesn't work I resort to debate without limits. I escalate my rhetoric based on the escalation of my opponent.
I don't typically imagine things about my opponent... I let their words guide me.
Happy New Year.
You missed out you sometimes make threads for people,for some reason
I only make threads for special people who like to pollute other threads with "off topic comments designed to pull others into..."...
See I had you covered, Popa.
Have a Happy New Year.
Hows the thread making business going?
I am all for discussion. The thing is a discussion can only be a discussion if both parties can agree to what the discussion is about.
So it all is about framing your discussion and giving the other party (opinion) some food and respect as well. Ask simple minded questions and you get simple minded answers and trolls.
For instance:
Should half of the world population be exterminated to save the human race from extinction in the long run? You can have all the discussion in the world around that one, but the thing is that the question isn`t framed. What do you wanna talk about? Exterminating people? Saving the world? Is it even necessary? ---> no framing whatsoever.
Wanna have a decent discussion or are interested in them? Look at the delta reward system from Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/If you post a starting post opening up with your views, make yourself vulnerable and open to discussion, people will get out of their high ivory tower. Start shouting names and views from in your ivory tower and you will find yourself surrounded by others shouting out of their ivory tower.
i just wanna say i wasnt talking about you in the other post once i made this thread. people have personally attacked my moral character and tried to make me sound like a bad person recently, and it gets frustrating because im human like everyone else, you know. its not really all about me either though.
OT i agree 100% with what your saying. there's gotta be mutual ground. you bring up some good points that should be brought up. it just seems really hard for there to be mutual respect sometimes. misunderstandings are bound to happen.
So far you are my only customer.
See how special you are?
Thank you for your understanding.
The fact that you fret about being morally attacked shows you think about and have a moral compass.
Gee thanks Mister
That's what politics is these days, at least in America.
its mostly europeans who demonize me tbh cant speak for other people though.
Depends on the circumstance.
Demonizing an innocent man over circumstancial evidence is wrong. Demonizing a child rapist whos been caught for the 3rd time isnt. Demonizing a (actual) racist isnt wrong, but demonizing someone AS a racist, for having differing political views is wrong.
Its all about the circumstance behind the situation and the persons involved
Sometimes ppl hate you no matter what you do.
[image: i.kym-cdn.com]
Nice one Eno!
Correct. In extreme cases, no matter what a person does next, they will never be trusted again.
[image: gyazo.com][image: gyazo.com][image: gyazo.com]