Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Passive Stats

Started by _Jaxx_ [1492033] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 188 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
_Jaxx_ [1492033]

Hello Torn Citizens,

I was just curious, does anyone have definitive proof that passive stats actually make a difference? I just haven't personally seen any advantage. I want to put more merits on it, but just need to make sure that I'm not wasting them on a mirage.
Ricky-Bobby [297109]

well with low stats you wont get a noticeable gain. now a 10% gain to a 1bill stat could be noticeable while say 10% of 1k is nothing.
Clone [2166194]

I feel like my passive stats have helped me beat other players around my age that I wouldn’t of beat without them. Also merits in life/crit has helped me as well.
AshleyT [1432316]

It definitely helps a lot but it doesn't matter so much at the lower stat levels, It probably starts showing when you have at least 100k in a stat then only shows more and more past that.

Essentially, if you had 50% passive on a stat, at 100k, you'd have 150k of that stat in combat, as a booster. It's literally that straightforward. Negative passive boosts from combat effects such as smoke grenades take that total rather than the base to affect the player.
Robbo [1826175]

It's nice to have them set up so you don't take such a massive hit when on xanax, even if you don't max them, having 2 or 3 ticks in each is very worthwhile.

Just remember though, weapon proficiency gives you better returns no matter your stats. So if you use the same weapon all the time, it's worth more to put points there