Seems that I have hit a stalemate on my racing. I reached class C and my driving skill is only 3.13. I always come in 6th, so I can not upgrade any of my cars. Any suggestions?
Besides quitting?
My advice is just to keep going. There's always a random chance element so you'll occasionally finish third, giving you a point to put towards upgrades and when you get more upgrades, you'll eventually get out of the rut.
Remember to save some reachi points for your next car when you get bumped into the next class, too
Keep at it. Try doing some 100 lap custom races before you turn in for the night. Honestly you're best off trying to avoid putting too much upgrades into a C class car anyway because each subsequent rank gets more difficult.
Why the custom races? I didn't think you got anything from those...
You get a lot of Driving Skill, which in turn then helps you win Official Races for racing points.
Before going to sleep, I highly recommend everyone to just jump in a 100 lap docks race.
K thanks
I just made it to class B without spending any points on upgrades in E-C, and there are even a few people who have gotten to class A without spending points. I've only done official races and 1 or 2 faction races. My driver skill is now 5.38, iirc, but it probably was something similar to yours when I started class C. One of the things to keep in mind is to make sure you use the best car for the track. I got most of my points (even getting 18 first places) on the mudpit with whatever the bright green car is (I'm terrible with car names).
Aside from that, it's possible to join a mechanic shop and get racing points that way to upgrade your car with. But, it's really not necessary in class C. It just took me a loooong time to get from C to B, but it can definitely be done.
UNDULATION said "I got most of my points (even getting 18 first places) on the mudpit with whatever the bright green car is (I'm terrible with car names)."
I'm pretty sure that's the Ford Focus which always beats me on the class C dirt tracks. I think it is good advice to get a specialist car, that can get you wins on a few tracks rather than being just okay across all tracks.
Bright green car is called a S-E-A-T kupe
I made the mistake as a noob to upgrade my D-class car too much and therefore having too less racing points to upgrade my C-class car decently after that.
To top it off, I crashed early on and lost 3 upgrades as well at that time lol
Don't worry though, just keep on entering races and eventually you'll gain a few points again, which in turn you can use to upgrade your car and therefore have more chance to win again.
Let it be a lesson to always save a decent amount of points for your next class.
The least upgrades through each class the better, GunRunner. Add an upgrade & see how you fair over 10 or so races...then add another. Thinking back i made it to B class using prob around 10 or less upgrades in all the lower classes. It took longer than you might want, but remember what you really really want is the points. As your skill rises you will get more wins.
When you get to B class, IMO - just buy the Cosworth. I used ~50 points in upgrades in this car and had no problem getting to A with it. You will want the Cosworth for mud track in Class A anyhow, you can finish upgrading it to max later. No points wasted, youll use this car forever (IF you keep racing after the merits anyhow)
Your real main goal (after you get past this point slump your in) is to reach A class and have 200+ points to spend, so you can max out the A class car soon as possy.