Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Google sheets, API, JSON trouble.

Started by Acestins [1984739] on in API Development.

10 replies · 440 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
72 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Acestins [1984739]

So I have a google sheet set up with some automatic number calculations that will tell me how much stock to buy for my company, but the thing is it won't update when the sheet is opened. I tested this using my networth and wallet. I set up a cell to show me my wallet amount, then I withdrew $1 from my vault but even when I refresh the sheet, the number doesn't change from $0. I'm sure I am just making a really dumb mistake, but I don't know where.
tos [1976582]

Are you accessing it from mobile or PC? The procs on Google sheets don't work right on mobile in my experience. 
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor

Did you actually set the script running? And if so how long and often? Do you see the api calls incoming in ur torn.com/pref > api key logs?
xedx [2100735]
What I did in a similar situation was to put the calculations that need to be made into a script, via the script editor. This includes Torn API calls.
I then set up a trigger to fire every x minutes.
The script pulls dat as needed from the spreadsheet, and also populates the cells in the spreadsheet as needed using data from the Torn API and the calculations it makes.

Otherwise, only certain things in a Google Sheets spreadsheet will auto-update, I can't remember which but if I recall, only 3 functions will auto-update.

If that doesn't make sense let me know.
Acestins [1984739]
Ope, prob should have said this some time ago, but it was kind of fixed, kind of not. It updates after like 15 minutes, which is fine for me.
tos [1976582]
For mobile users, been a while since I tried but I remember onOpen or any other such triggers not working.  Timed procs did work for mobile though.