Has anyone else noticed a lot/all of their API using scripts are not working since torn went down on Saturday night or is it just mine that is being buggy?
API scripts not working
Started by PlatinumDevil [1920420] on in Tools & Userscripts.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 55 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 30 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Bug [1455582] Committee
· 1 likes ·
They've turned up their Cloudfare protection, this blocks automated requests from web servers such as TornStats but not DocTorn. - Bug [1455582] Committee
· 1 likes ·
If the script is run from your pc in your browser then it's should be unaffected. - Bug [1455582] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Actually, I don't know about this one. It would depend if the request comes from your pc or Google's servers. If it's not working then I would guess the later.
Has anyone else noticed a lot/all of their API using scripts are not working since torn went down on Saturday night or is it just mine that is being buggy?
Everything I have works other than tornstats, tornstats hasn't been working.
API was down for some time after downtime but it works now, just tornstats still doesn't work.
Torn takes down API servers to reduce load when fixing downtimes.
Also I'm just gessing but I think for example tornstats recognizes when API system is down and therefore reduces it's own request amount to minimal (only for checking if the system is up again like once an hour or so). That might be the reason why for example tornstats isn't right up again when API system already is.
If API is still down then how come DoctorN is working with API?
tornstats has been down for a lot longer than an hour (after the API came back up)
They've turned up their Cloudfare protection, this blocks automated requests from web servers such as TornStats but not DocTorn.
Does it also block API requests from google spreadsheets because I noticed mine isn't working?
Does this also protect it from requests that don't go anywhere other than torn...such as a script that shows when faction members were last active (displayed directly on torn and nowhere else)?
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/forums.php?p=threads&f=63&t=16080176&b=0&a=0
Actually, I don't know about this one. It would depend if the request comes from your pc or Google's servers. If it's not working then I would guess the later.
If the script is run from your pc in your browser then it's should be unaffected.
From the limited understanding, I have of scripts, looking through the coding its appears to only run on the computer and doesn't use any third party server as the coding doesn't reference one.
I linked a forum post above, feel free to read it :))
truth be told it didn't help me in the slightest as I'm not that good lol
Yes mine stopped working for now as well. Alltornup is hosted on a third party site, after the cloudfare increase I get CORS failures on the api calls. Not much I can do from the client side. Hopefully it's permanent and the open cross site backup up. I assume tornstats is having the exact same issue.