31 replies · 228 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I have had enough of politics honestly. Theyre all trash I really don't care too much anymore, my way of life isnt directly affected much so the next person can stress it imo ???
I want a fiscal conservative, and a liberal-leaning moderate on social issues. I want a person who has served his or her nation in some capacity if possible, other than in politics. I want someone who understands what America is all about in an entrepreurnial sense.
I want a person with a brain and a heart, and good judgement, who doesn't make me cringe when I see or hear him or her talk.
When I figure out who fits that bill I will decide who I like, but whomever it is probably won't get the nomination of either of the two parties, so it really doesn't matter much who I want.
The job of the oppressor, is to sow seed of division, and infighting amongst the people, while simultaneously creating a system in which the people are dependant on the oppressor, so they never look towards the oppressor as the reason for their problem.
As long as the people are kept in a dissociative state, they wont rise up and wield the power they have always had
Once upon a time they were all like that more or less. Some leaned left. Some leaned right, but most of them seemed to be trying to at least work for the betterment of the nation.
Now it is just about party politics and not letting the other party have a win at anything, even if last year your party wanted the same stuff.
I guess I am asking for too much in the current world.
I like Warren. She just cares about protecting the people from shitty business practices. She doesn't like power or politics but she felt she had to enter office because everyone already there is 68 going on Need to Retire and just care about themselves.
sorry, I have only been alive since '91. Every politician in my life time has been the same way, so I have never known this to be true. But would be nice to find somebody like that.
you do realize Elizabeth warren is 69 years old right? She claims to be native American, which now she has admitted is not right. She has also recently cosigned a bad "assault" rifle ban...which will ban semi auto rifles not just assault rifles. Sorry, but she doesn't fit the bill for a decent president.
I was more referring to most people in Congress are career politicians, been in the same seat for 30+ years. She may also be old but she's only served a few terms and has more progressive ideas.
we don't need more "progressive" ideas, we need more middle of the road ideas. which atm there really isn't a single politician who is middle of the road.
You will never find a "middle of the road" candidate right now because there is very little middle ground.
Dem and rep bases are becoming increasingly polarized, as are the candidates. The policies may be in the middle but since polarization between the parties is very high, what is a reasonable idea to the middle is radically progressive or regressive depending on the side people are on.
Democrats best chance is picking an experienced moderate to lead the campaign and appeal to independents in the middle with a progressive vp to keep the democratic base.
Republican best chance is... I don't know. I'm Canadian so the republican party feels out of touch to me but clearly they have a loyal base of support. I don't know what drives them so I couldn't try and pick a successful formula for a republican.