Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Duke's Hammer should count as a hammer

Started by Max_Cohen [512123] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 104 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Max_Cohen [512123]

A couple of days ago I got the mission "A Thor Loser" - Use Duke's Hammer to hit 12 different body parts during attacks (12/12)

Due to unlucky fights I still needed a couple of body parts today. When I got the mission "Hammer Time" - Defeat {player} using only a hammer.

So I figured I'd get two birds with one stone and killed the person with Duke's Hammer. This did complete "A Thor Loser" but despite only using Duke's Hammer during the fight I did not complete "Hammer Time".

It makes sense to me that Duke's Hammer would be... a hammer. Which would mean I satisfied the conditions for both missions. It doesn't even seem to have that much better stats than a standard hammer.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

:(( I believe so too as it's much more fun that way, as with Duke's Hammer, but Ched + aurel don't agree. 

Edit: I meant to say "as with Penelope, Duke's baseball bat thing", derp.
Max_Cohen [512123]

Ah ok, I didn't think to search for this having been posted before. It just felt so obvious that a hammer is a hammer is a hammer.

EDIT: Oh, well I think Penelope should count as a bat since it is a bat. Same with the hammer. But I guess we'll see what the admins think anyway.

Thanks Proxima.
RatedR [72498]

if my old memory serves me correctly, this was brought up before and Ched and Aurel deemed them special weapons and not a normal hammer/bat. something along those lines.

 

i can reassign to Ched to confirm this.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It might be possible, although technically, a Hammer is a Hammer, and Duke's Hammer is Duke's Hammer, they're both different items. Same with the bats. If it's a quick change it might be possible though.