Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Losses During Chains

Started by Zorfar [467306] on in Faction Discussion.

12 replies · 346 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Zorfar [467306]

I'm doing analytics for my factions recent 2500 chains and am curious how we stack up. We've had anywhere from 60-100 losses per 2500 chain, which is pretty costly when it comes to time and energy. 

What kind of loss numbers do your factions see during 2500+ chains, and what strategies are you employing to minimize losses during chains?
Indent [2032117]

On a chain of 10,000 we range between 200 to 300 which is a lot higher than I thought it would be. We also have a lot of players who are fairly new to chaining, and just haven't had the time to establish a good hit list. 

Some people in our faction have created target lists for stat ranges which has been useful for the lower stat players. 

For the bigger guys and gals, we typically focus on wall hits. Occasionally someone misses the memo to take their armor and weapons off, so there are still a great few losses there as well. 

 
Armag3ddoN [1966136]

The "problem" is the fairfight bonus x3. You always want to maximize that bonus and if you do that, you'll inevitably lose some fights. I believe that's fine in the grand scheme of things. Chaining isn't supposed to be a mindless streak of one-hit kills.

Once you chain for a while you'll get a better hold of who can you beat and who you can't and the loses will decrease.
Zorfar [467306]

That's a good point. I did want to look into my members who were specifically racking up the losses to ensure that it was due to them seeking fair fight bonus rather than just poorly picking targets. 

I know losses are inevitable, but was curious as to what a healthy amount might look like.

Developing a chain list as Indent mentions above is another good strat for maximizing respect to loss ratio. Will need to find a way to implement that. 
Krastinov [1542326]

My chain hit list is in my blacklist (enemies). I have increased it to 60 so thats plenty of targets to hit from top to bottom and they r out of hosp when i restart the list from top again as i only leave on street. Each one of these targets is a sure win, and also nice respect as its players between lvl 100 and 90. I usually have zero losses unless i do a retal on someone thats not on my list. For me this the optimum way to chain. I dont need to look for targets either so i can chill and just use my blacklist.
Zorfar [467306]

I like that a lot. Makes it easier than going back and forth between a forum post or google sheet in terms of going through targets. 
Zorfar [467306]

I suspected that it was more likely poorly picked targets. Will have to troll through the chain records in the faction forum to see what other chains are looking like. Thanks for the feedback. 
Rum4nyby [1567187]

In our recent 25k chain we had around 350 losses in total, which I think isn’t too bad.

Target selection always matters, and sometimes when you receive a free defend you forget that your health might be a little lower than you’d like it to be. At least that’s what happens with me. I forget to med  which ends up being the reason for 99% of my losses. Then there’s the odd fight where I’m clearly outstatted, but those are pretty rare.
Zorfar [467306]

Thanks for this info. It definitely puts our loss number into perspective. May have to work with our noobs on the nuances of paying attention to their health while chaining. 
Rum4nyby [1567187]

No worries bud :)

Be sure to teach them how to select targets as well. Looking at key stats like Xanax/LSD taken and hunting skill can help to decide whether a target is easy enough to take or not. For example, if someone has 6k Xanax taken with barely any attacks done, they’ve probably trained it all away, so you might wanna avoid them. Whereas if someone has 6k Xanax taken but a buttload of hunting skill and attacks done, they’ll probably be weak sauce.

 
Taburisu [295365]

You can always use bookmarks to mark your target list. No need to use or even expand black list. Just a bookmark folder on your browsers, dump their profile links there. Voila!

Also, lots of losses happened due to the low health, close to maxed med cd while wanting to maximize the 3.0 fair fight multiplier. As others have stated. 

Mission targets are always good chaining list. They are matched based on stats. Only problem is others have them too. XD But anyway, lets say you trained for a month and doubled your stats, you still can use mission targets from the previous month. The older they get, less respect they'll give. But at the very least, you'll have a sure hit when you're on low health.

You also can utilise Tornstats + chain feed. Several members within the same range stat can share the targets. To be on the safe side, have the strongest person in that range to hit the target while in full health, and have the weakest one to recycle the hits while the target is in low health. 
Clitasaurus [2059853]

Most recently we had just under 200 losses on a 10k chain .We had a fair amount of new players chaining so that alone accounts for some. I know for me during chains I like to use that time to complete missions (unless it's a "use fist only") because they generally are the best respect targets. Even if you are working with a lot of noobs just stress that if they need help post in faction chat. As well as always carrying a temp (pepper spray or flash). Chaining can be very expensive so it's always important to improve on lost E. I dont rehab during chains so if it's a longer chain say 10k that will span 40+ hours I try to plan it out to where i rehab while im stacking so that way my addiction doesnt reduce my stats. Just in case I have targets that are at a safe range if my med cooldown is maxed or if my drug addiction gets high.