Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Manga Recommendations!

Started by Lucianne [2248761] on in Hobbies & Interests.

24 replies · 196 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Lucianne [2248761]

Hi just checking if anyone in TORN reads manga or japanese comic. 

Where are you reading it and do you read the light novel if its available?

 
The_Baron [1467784]
Yeah first season was okay i guess, the next seasons weren't nice


Tales of Demons and Gods, The Gamer, Ability, Only Sense Online, The new gate, Toaru ossan no vrmmo katsudouki and Ore to kawazi-san no Isekai Houroki (still reading this one not the best but it's decent i guess)

There was another one i forgot how the tittle goes but something like 'The rising of the shield hero' they are have also made a anime for this too. first season hasn't been fully released yet, idk how far they've gone.

Edit: throw me some recommendations too while you at it :P
JSnows [14906]
Tales of Demons and Gods, The Gamer, Shokugeki no Souma, Iron Ladies, Solo Levelling, Dungeon Master, Don's adventure in another world and quite a few Isekais that i can't remember the names

if i read the novel then i don't read the manga and vice versa
Cindi_Rose [2226234]
Bungou Stray Dogs, Project K has so many different lines of manga to cover all of the back story and its pretty great cause Memory of Red (manga) leads right into the first episode of Project K (anime). I love it personally. 
Lucianne [2248761]
I read both but sometimes I only read the manga cause it takes a lot of time reading the novel. I will be starting on the solo leveling soon. My sister recommended it to me too. I read quite a few isekais too. If you are reading in mangago.me please add or follow me fo the manga that I am reading my user name is maggie.
Lucianne [2248761]
I've dropped these titles I barely finished half of the episodes. really got no time on watching the anime.  What are you currently watching or reading?
Lucianne [2248761]
Most of what you are reading is what I am reading too. I like the RPG genre very much. Have you tried reading RE:Monster and the Log Horizon. The latter one has anime in 2 seasons. It is one of my favorites other than SAO ofcourse. You should try watching it Shiroe the protagonist is really a bad ass not the typically one though. He truly is amazing skill wise. Enjoy!
Lucianne [2248761]
I have read and watch the first one too and did not continue with the season because of what you said "meh" Lol. Try watching AJIN or MOB Psycho or Onepunch Man season 2 gonna be up this year. 
PurpPurp [1990116]
yeah kingdom is awesome. ive the first couple arcs a few times, and been reading the new chapters that come out every week like it was my favorite tv show lol.
Prophet_Jonas [1995840]
Hajime no Ippo is the one I used to read religiously though I haven’t kept up with it in a few years...

I also used to read Dungeon Meshi...

both are pretty awesome and fun 
The_Baron [1467784]
Actually i look VERY forward to reading Log horizon tbh. And re:monster is also another i'll be reading eventually.

I hear you, i'll check it out. eventually.
The_Baron [1467784]
I only mentioned the ones that i have read, the ones on waiting list i can't recommend them until i read them, re:monster for example, it's still on my waiting list, i was thinking of reading Goblin Slayer, but i then learned it had an anime and ended up watching that, so idk if i want to read it too now :P
Lucianne [2248761]
haven't read both but will try. Getting low on the manga I've been reading most of them are up for 2nd season and other upload once a month. Thanks!
Lucianne [2248761]
Dungeon Meshi is quite cool. Don't remember their last update though. I remember watching Ippo when I was younger. 

You like the sports genre? Have you tried watching or reading Haikyu?
Otaku302 [2226908]
If you're into Shoujo romance, Black Bird.
Shonen-ai? Gravitation is always a classic.
Shonen badassery and Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in manga form? Boku no Hero Academia
BDSM/kinks/Ecchi? Nana to Kaoru
Angsty Shonen? Tate no Yusha no Nariagari