Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poker Payout Error

Started by Thou [943452] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 51 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Thou [943452] ×2 Stewie [1494547] ×2

Thou [943452]

I beleive a poker payout error occured around 00:35:00 on 26/02/19.  The losing player was given the excess of my bet, but held less money.  We both had a full house.  I tried to get a screenshot but couldn't before the scroll took the information.

The other player who erroneously recieved the benefit, with 9,9,9,10,10 against my 9,9,10,10,10 was subtle_horizon.

Table details:

Name: Adrenalinass game
ID: 211617
Owner: 2087067
Stakes: $100000
Players: 7/8
Spectators: 15
Bet limit: OFF
Minimum money: $2500000
Maximum money: $9999999999
Password: OFF
Minimum level: 1
Tournament mode: OFF
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

According to logs it was a fair split, they had 9.3mil total, you had 17.9, total pot to split was 21mil, your side pot was 8.6mil 
Thou [943452]

Yes, but a split should not have occured, my friend, as my full house was stronger than my opponent's, right?.
Thou [943452]

Hi there. I was hoping to get my bug ticket reopened. :) It's impossible to split a full house in poker. Thank you!
Stewie [1494547]
Thou: Hi there. I was hoping to get my bug ticket reopened. :) It's impossible to split a full house in poker. Thank you!
Stewie: I believe aurel1 already dealt with it. If it didn't get changed, then he won't have found anything wrong with the logs. It won't be reopened.
Thou: He made a mistake. I have messaged him as well. He simply verified that the pot was split effectively, but failed to recognize that I had the winning hand. A split was eggregious.
Stewie: He has not made a mistake.
Thou: You have verified this? That seems somewhat dismissive.
Thou: I have no reason to lie, I've played Torn for a very, very long time, and brought others to the game. I expect nothing but a little attention to detail in this matter.
Stewie: aurel1 has checked the logs. He knows exactly what your hand is, and what the hand of your opponent was.
Thou: That's obvious information stewie. We did not have the same hand. I could be wrong, I just request that someone takes a second look knowing that a full house with three tens beats a full house with three nines. If he has looked again, maybe, i
Thou: I would love to know.
Thou: No information was given besides the split, my report made it clear that I dispute his win, no split requires. People make mistakes, especially folks who handle vast online queues of inquiry in a given day. :)
Thou: So forgive me for questioning your apparent confidence. I also understand poker fairly well, and this whole thing will appear pretty funny if you don't take another look. Thanks for your time!
 
----
 
I don't believe this needs checking again, but the user would like some assurance that the payout was correct.
Passing back to Pavel.

Mentions: Stewie [1494547] · Thou [943452]

Thou [943452]

Thou:
Hi there. I was hoping to get my bug ticket reopened. :) It's impossible to split a full house in poker. Thank you!
Stewie: I believe aurel1 already dealt with it. If it didn't get changed, then he won't have found anything wrong with the logs. It won't be reopened.
Thou: He made a mistake. I have messaged him as well. He simply verified that the pot was split effectively, but failed to recognize that I had the winning hand. A split was eggregious.
Stewie: He has not made a mistake.
Thou: You have verified this? That seems somewhat dismissive.
Thou: I have no reason to lie, I've played Torn for a very, very long time, and brought others to the game. I expect nothing but a little attention to detail in this matter.
Stewie: aurel1 has checked the logs. He knows exactly what your hand is, and what the hand of your opponent was.
Thou: That's obvious information stewie. We did not have the same hand. I could be wrong, I just request that someone takes a second look knowing that a full house with three tens beats a full house with three nines. If he has looked again, maybe, i
Thou: I would love to know.
Thou: No information was given besides the split, my report made it clear that I dispute his win, no split requires. People make mistakes, especially folks who handle vast online queues of inquiry in a given day. :)
Thou: So forgive me for questioning your apparent confidence. I also understand poker fairly well, and this whole thing will appear pretty funny if you don't take another look. Thanks for your time!

Mentions: Stewie [1494547] · Thou [943452]

Thou [943452]

A full house is the combination of three of a kind and a pair. If two or more players have a full house then the player with the best three of a kind wins. If those are the same then the player with the best pair wins. Four of a Kind: Four of a kind (four cards of the same rank) beats a full house.

Thou [943452]

Please reopen.  I'm sure as stewards of torn you're confident that the bug is being investigated, but within the game of poker this is laughable.
Thou [943452]

Fair enough, I believed that I had 10 10 in pocket.  Clarification makes all the difference though, thanks!