Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Busting!

Started by Zylvyn [2011350] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 281 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Zylvyn [2011350]
So time left in jail is a factor in bust odds, as is their level... Each successful bust makes the next one harder, such that ones that you had 100% chances at can have 0% bust rate after 3 or so other busts.

But does busting easier targets give less CE than harder targets? Is it lateral/comparable to chain-bust people that got caught robbing the sweets store, or should I be busting people that are in for higher-tier crimes?

And finally, does anyone know how busting compares to crimes (arson) in terms of nerve to CE return? I've seen the breakdown for each crime and how they compare, but busting wasn't really touched on.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this anyone can provide.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Busting harder targets fetches you more CE than busting easier targets. But the busting cooldown burns harder for harder targets too. So basically you can either do 1 level 90 bust OR 3 level 15 before you're burnt out. 

The CE gains from busts were definitely adjusted so that tougher targets give higher ce, but ched also said you are better off doing crimes for gaining CE than busts. It's small gain in either case. Nash did not test out busts unfortunately so we would never know the exact numbers. 
Indent [2032117]
Just a note too: If you bust a very easy target (such as a level 10 with 1 hour), it will sewer your chances of busting people that you'd normally have no issue busting on a consecutive bust. It's always best to bust the highest level/most time as you can (which is made easy with a Law Firm 10* perk). So don't go for those super easy targets - start at the top of the list and work your way down and you'll notice you can bust more people overall before the background busting cooldown needs to reset. 
Rosie [1185614]
.....I agree, this is exactly what I do. Always start with the hardest bust within your bust range. I easily bust 10 players consecutively this way....  
Scootaloo [1590427]
Just to add to this, Ched's specific words were "probably". I assume if you've got the ability to, busting a level 100 or two in for 2h or so would give more CE than a Warehouse Arson.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
I just found that busting a higher level than yourself is basically a recipe for getting jailed. I personally try to stick to rule that the higher the jail time I attempt to bust, the lower their level should be.
Personal record was busting someone with about 14 hours of jail time, there were level 15-18 I think.
David [132845]
Looks like I didn't get the memo...
I'm way past merits, and I'm still busting like "crazy"