Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

City items gone missing(?)

Started by orly [1851172] on in Bugs & Issues.

10 replies · 105 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Rhino [982382] ×1

orly [1851172]
1 - Have you searched for an existing bug report for your issue? If you find one, post under it with as much detail as you can provide instead of creating a new report.
Yes I did and did not find anything related to mine.


2 - Have you taken a screenshot? Screenshots are worth a thousand words. Please try to include one whenever possible, preferably with annotations.
Can't go back in time and take screenshots of what used to be.


3 - Please provide clear and exact steps to reproduce the issue. If the developers can make the problem happen themselves, the odds and speed of fixing an issue greatly increases.
Click on City > Map tab.


4 - If possible, please test your problem on other browsers and devices to see if it still exists there. It's very helpful for developers if you explain exactly what device and browser you're using.
I mainly use Google ChromeVersion 72.0.3626.121 on a Win10 machine. I also use DocTorn. I've also tried mobile on an Android device.
__

Up until few months ago (maybe December?), my city map showed a few items (10+) on there via DocTorn. Being the hoarder that I am, I never picked them up. I was offline for about a month, maybe a bit more. I came back and all items were gone. This was around the time the API was acting up. The general consensus of those I asked was to wait until the API issues were fixed and check again. So I waited for them to show back up and as of now, they never did. BUT new items did start showing up so I assume the API and city find feature is fixed.

Per suggestion of doofus(TM) staff Rhino, I zoomed into the map and manually searched every block of the map in case DocTorn isn't recognizing the items. Nothing found.

He also suggested that I must've picked them up even though I don't recall picking up anything. But I'm getting old so maybe I've become senile and forgot. I've been told that you have logs of logs of logs for everything, so I'd appreciate any help.

Mentions: Rhino [982382]

Stewie [1494547]
Your personal stats suggest you picked up 13 between February 28th - March 1st 2019 and a further 4 between today and yesterday.
But you're sure, you did not do this?
orly [1851172]
Those are the new items to which I was referring. I've started picking up any new ones that spawn so I don't run into the same issue again. Can you check what I picked up between November through end of January? 
Stewie [1494547]
Between November 1st and December 1st 2018, your Personal Stats suggest you picked up 21 items (139 - 160). You've been at 160 up until recently where in the past month (or two), you've picked up 17.
Stewie [1494547]
I do not have any way to check logs.
I'll pass this to bogie, however, to ensure everything is fine. But judging by your Personal Stats, it is.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I have to use unix timestamps for this one but if we use your last 10 finds as an example here it looks about right to me and they were picked up fairly recently:

[image: i.gyazo.com]


From the bottom up, the pickup times translate to the following:
28/02/2019 @ 5:50pm (UTC)
28/02/2019 @ 5:50pm (UTC) 
28/02/2019 @ 5:50pm (UTC)
28/02/2019 @ 5:50pm (UTC)
(So those 4 there were all picked up around the same sort of time)

The ones above were then picked up just a couple days ago/today and again in the same batch. 
18/03/2019 @ 12:24am (UTC)
18/03/2019 @ 12:25am (UTC)
18/03/2019 @ 12:25am (UTC)
18/03/2019 @ 12:27am (UTC)

21/03/2019 @ 8:40pm (UTC)
22/03/2019 @ 2:53am (UTC)
orly [1851172]
Nah, it's okay. I'll just drop it. Thank you for humoring me in my quest of "where did my items go". It would be cool if we could see what we've picked up so far.

Thank you, bogurt and stewie.