Are you garuanteed items daily or....? How does that work? I found 5 items yesterday and am just curious about it so I know for the future
Finding Items in City
Started by FlamingGrace [2257336] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
If there are any items on your city map, you'll need to zoom in and scroll around the map, looking for a tiny icon of an item that you can click to get it. Extensions like DoctorN can highlight them for you. There may not actually be any however, as they appear quite infrequently. They look like this https://i.imgur.com/fuAZtWF.png
Every day at midnight TCT there is a chance of one or more items spawning in the City. There is no guarantee, either on whether or not items will spawn or on what the items will be if they do. There are various things that can impact these, such as increasing your Awareness (through merits, a book, or a job) or completing the History education courses which will allow new types of items to spawn. It is advised not to spend merits on Awareness, since this method of increasing it was thorough nerfed, however the book Finder's Keepers is known to greatly increase the spawn rate (typically to 5-10 items per day) and is generally worth using.
Even if you don't collect your item(s) on the day that they spawn, they will remain in the City indefinitely and will not prevent new ones from spawning. Most people suggest checking around once every week or so at least, although some check daily (myself included).
Edit: shoot, took too long typing and Kayla beat me to it lol! I'll leave this here since it covers information regarding their spawn rate, which Kayla didn't address. The DoctorN extension she suggested is highly advised though, it makes the process of finding them much easier.
Even if you don't collect your item(s) on the day that they spawn, they will remain in the City indefinitely and will not prevent new ones from spawning. Most people suggest checking around once every week or so at least, although some check daily (myself included).
Edit: shoot, took too long typing and Kayla beat me to it lol! I'll leave this here since it covers information regarding their spawn rate, which Kayla didn't address. The DoctorN extension she suggested is highly advised though, it makes the process of finding them much easier.
I've got one item per three days :/
Don't feel bad if you can't find anything. I just got TornPlus to help me find anything and I got my first item. It's been 12 days.
I haven't found an item since St Paddy's Day, when I found some green stout. Prior to that, it was around Valentine's Day, when I found a small first aid kit. I feel like I should be finding more than 1-2 items per month. I play several hours a day and utilize DocTorn and the Android mobile app. I don't have issues seeing them when they're there.
Using merits to increase awareness will increase the chances of getting items. I don't know if they also increase the quality of items found, but I've been quite happy with what I've been getting.
I have 10/10 merits on awareness and can confirm that is a waste, I hardly find anything. And most of the times I find a brick.
I too have 10/10 in Awareness and have had some really nice items in the past few weeks. Guess it's not all bad.
Well, maybe its me who is just unlucky, one grenade today xD
Found a book today!
Nice! There is 1 item around the city: Run Like the Wind.
Admittedly I don't find things everyday but when I do they are usually worth having.
Nice! There is 1 item around the city: Run Like the Wind.
Admittedly I don't find things everyday but when I do they are usually worth having.