So yeah, I just hit 4000 days old (even though I was inactive for more than half of this amount). And today, after a succesful bounty hunting, I manage to raise my Diamond Bladed Knife weapon experience to 100%! (but I don't even know what it does... I had no event, no special added, no nothing. Anybody has a clue?)
Having higher weapon EXP provides a boost to your damage and accuracy when using that weapon. It doesn't have to be that specific item though, for example now that you're at 100% any DBK you use will be at 100%.
I'll be completing that bachelor in a few days. I understood the mastery aspect to be weapon type not weapon specific? Much like how merit bonus for weapons work, my mastery with macana would carry over to dbk.
Am I wrong in this? ------ Edit: I was clearly wrong. Thank yall for correcting me. Learn something new everyday