Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bookie

Started by LapisLazuli [2144604] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 13 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
28 / 100
LapisLazuli [2144604]
I was just reading Ched's thread about the bookmaker. Would it not be really cool if we had peer to peer bookies, like someone suggested? I know it could sort of be done already informally, but wouldn't it be cool if you could just spend 100 pts or something to open a bookie, and punters could shop around for the best odds? I'm sure it wouldn't require loads of code to add it.Am I being daft here or would that not be brilliant?
Kupe [2198270]
That would be brilliant. The game or event may have to come from an official source for verification of the result (maybe the current bookie system).

The bookie offering the odds would have to put up money to cover all bets up to the amount they are prepared to cover. This could be a way of parking money if bad odds were offered, so maybe the bookie can't get their money back until after the event, like betting at the existing bookie.