Whenever i click more than once every three seconds on the crime it reloads onto a blank torn page.
Crime pages
Started by Aikia [2055629] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 39
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 51 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Are you using DoctorN quick crimes? Because I'm experiencing the same thing - I think that's a Doc issue not a Torn issue.
Same here!
yeah just like that
yes, but even if i use the default one it happens
Does this only happen when using DoctorN's 'Quick Crimes' panel?
No it does not only happen when i use the DocTorn quick crimes, it also happens when i use torns crime starter.
So clicking on the 'Try again' button more than once every 3 seconds causes everything to disappear?
yes
I'll pass this over to Chedburn then, see if he can find a fix or something.
Sounds like it's not just happening because of DoctorN.
Edit: Looks like it happens from specifically loading: https://www.torn.com/crimes.php?step=docrime4 (The end number might be different depending on the Crime)
Sounds like it's not just happening because of DoctorN.
Edit: Looks like it happens from specifically loading: https://www.torn.com/crimes.php?step=docrime4 (The end number might be different depending on the Crime)
Is it possible to see a video, and / or perhaps a screenshot (including URL) of the blank page please?
I'm unable to reproduce this myself. It'd be good to disable extensions to rule them out.
I'm unable to reproduce this myself. It'd be good to disable extensions to rule them out.
Doing crimes, clicked on the crime and then this happened. I was able to go to another page after, all was fine, went back to crimes and this happened again. Windows, Chrome
[image: snag.gy]
[image: snag.gy]
Have you reproduced it with DoctorN disabled? I can't think of a way for this to happen otherwise.
Spam the "try again". You have to have a pretty good connection and be on the dot to click it.
I can make it happen on standard torn, no scripts.
It was a change pretty recently, didn't used to do this. I get this blank screen nearly daily.
I can make it happen on standard torn, no scripts.
It was a change pretty recently, didn't used to do this. I get this blank screen nearly daily.
I have just spam clicked 'Try again' on various different crimes, using up 2,000 nerve and could not replicate it once.
I have had this issue starting from a week ago or so too, the doc torn quick crime button is the same as clicking it manually so unless its something similar like the casino slot machine where a spin is already occuring
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
yup I get same in the morning
now doing 2 nerve crimes for merit so 36 clicks
Still, if you refresh the page it will work till next time :D
now doing 2 nerve crimes for merit so 36 clicks
Still, if you refresh the page it will work till next time :D
I've disabled doctorn (my only outside script i use) and it happened once again. It didnt happen every time i did but it still happens my guess is it happens at strict standards or whatever cause it seems to happen to just a few people
i hope you understand what i mean^ XD
i hope you understand what i mean^ XD
I'll see if any other developers are able to replicate it, perhaps it's due to different browsers or connections.