Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Shazam!

Started by Jonicorn [2173172] on in TV & Movies.

9 replies · 74 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

Jonicorn [2173172]
Who's seen it?
What did you think?

I absolutely loved it and I didn't think I would, with all the wizards and monsters etc but I was really pleased with what they came up with. It's quirky and very funny.:)
Laughingman91 [2044206]
Saw it at the weekend, was a great superhero movie. Kinda like a saturday morning cartoon, very family friendly.

Which I think was a great move for DC and superhero movies in general in terms of stealing away an audience and their money.
Perfect setup for a kids cartoon shazam franchise.

I kinda low-key hate that avengers endgame audience is mostly adults.
Like, disney store sells avengers merch for kids, but i prob wouldn't let kids watch em cause they're so violent and realistic lol.
They're dramatic but in like a crazy extreme sense and idk if kids see past that, or if they even see the fiction.

Shazam is SAFE. and funny and touching and real. Kids enjoy laughing and being goofy more than they enjoy saving the adult world, i'm sure of that.

I'm not sure how to word my argument that kid-friendly is a better way to do superhero movies lol.
DrZed [237786]
I did not read it but basing off of the advertisements and what I know about the character they seemed to get him all wrong. Where the way he acts no one really knows that he is a kid even other superheroes that work with him. Where he would never go to the store and buy beer for himself or his friends. They seemed to take a serious character and make him goofy. Plus the guy they have for when he transforms into what once was known as Captain Marvel.