Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Forum Bug

Started by CreatorX [2234054] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
CreatorX [2234054]
So when I enter a forum thread, my reply portion is autofilled with the last thing I have typed in the exact same thread. If I erase everything in my reply, it simply reappears when I re-enter the same thread or even just change the page number on the same thread

Pictured is an example of the last message I typed being "good game, never be inactive"

[image: i.imgur.com]

After my post, my reply is auto-filled with the same message. If I delete my reply and change the page number, the reply is auto-filled again to the last message I typed

Note that I said last message TYPED instead of last message POSTED. So if I were to change my reply to "Chedburn" but NOT post it, my reply would be autofilled with "Chedburn". As I said, deleting the autofill does not solve the issue

This bug is not replicated across threads - so if I had to read another thread, I would not see the "good game, never be inactive" autofill. However if I do revisit the same thread, the autofill reappears

Simply put, if I type "message" as a reply in a thread regardless of whether I post it or not, "message" is autofilled in my reply section for the same forum as long as my reply is not changed.

I was not able to replicate this using mobile. I noticed this bug using Google Chrome on PC after the latest update
CreatorX [2234054]
I've checked it just now and it's still the same as it was

However, I believe this whole "bug" was actually an intentional patch due to a suggestion someone had which is an "autosave post option while typing" in forums so that lengthy posts are not lost upon page refreshing or shifting pages - and therefore this should no longer be treated as a bug

Since I'm one of the few it still bothers, I'll just shift this thought into suggestions. I'd like to thank the staff for looking into this!