Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

busting success question

Started by Queequeg [1602158] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Queequeg [1602158]
I'm curious about busting; before I had a success rate of about 75% success if I bust someone who was in jail from being caught from trying to bust someone. For the last couple of days I've only been able to bust one person like that, and I failed or been caught maybe 20 times. And for months my success rate has been only marginally better than that for this kind of bust.

I have over 7000 successful busts, and the strategy I've been using is attempt to bust one person every 15 mins. Maybe I should change that?
KPCSlor [1557404]
I usually do them in batches of 3 every 4 hours. I'm going for quantity so I skew to lower levels for higher success rate.  When I fail a bust I stop.
Tyrion [1967379]
I can bust 3 lower lvls on 3 lower crimes in a row usually, after that I'll either fail or get jailed myself.

Wait a few hours indeed after that, for the hidden cooldown to wear off.
Indent [2032117]
It depends largely on who your initial bust is. If you bust a low level with low time, you will dramatically sewer your chances for at least an hour from busting higher level players.

Like it was said earlier, the Law Firm is brilliant for establishing how it all works by extrapolating the success percentage data. If you do decide to join a Law Firm, start with the highest level and highest amount of jail time you can while still having a significant success chance, then work your way down the list.