Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Raspberry Pi Help

Started by Jyu_Viole_Grace [1958465] on in Technology.

4 replies · 65 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
Jyu_Viole_Grace [1958465]
This might be a pretty niche question but for an ROV project, I'm using the Motion software for livestreaming. I want to save snapshots to my desktop, how do I go about doing it? I know its suppose to save to /home/pi and I've tried
curl -s -o /dev/null http://picam1:8080/0/action/snapshot but nothing happens.
shro [1332742]
The command you are typing will do something, but I don't think you will see the results.
  • curl -s -o /dev/null http://picam1:8080/0/action/snapshot
  • -o /dev/null will direct the output to /dev/null
  • -s will make it silent
Try

curl -o ${HOME}/some.jpg http://picam1:8080/0/action/snapshot

You can add -v or -t flag to generate more debug information if needed.