i want to make a live google sheet from the data that is stored at: https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=items&key={my API} I have tried all the different import methods, but non work correctlyIs It possible to import to a live sheet? if so how? of not how else can I make a auto updating spread sheet?
live doc
Started by zordork [2166192] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 70 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 24 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
It is possible, because I have done it myself.
But it's not as simple as just importing it.
I wrote a function that runs every day.
It makes the api call and then processes the data as needed.
But it's not as simple as just importing it.
I wrote a function that runs every day.
It makes the api call and then processes the data as needed.
would you be willing to share your function?
another question. I know that https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=items&key= brings up a list of all items and https://api.torn.com/torn/1,2,3?selections=items&key= brings up a list of the selected items, but my question is can i bring up a list of item types, eg plushies?
As far as I know it's not a feature no.
You could create an array with every item id of a type and use the second query you mentionned.
You could create an array with every item id of a type and use the second query you mentionned.
You need to parse the result from such array, yes.
H+
H+