Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction raiding

Started by KickRocks [1030718] on in Suggestions.

18 replies · 169 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
21
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

KickRocks [1030718]
It seems to me like the faction raiding is a bit exploitable the way it is set up now. Currently any pissed off nubile can start a faction and initiate a raid against any other faction. While I am fully aware both from a logic standpoint and from first hand that it's a waste of time for said nubile to do this, it still can be done and it's probably not what was intended when the raid system was created.

What I would suggest is make there be a minimum number of days and/or accumulated respect before a faction can initiate a raid against someone.
BlnkSugarSocket [2018522]
[image: profileimages.torn.com]


Of course you are.

The new warring system is meant to encourage "fair fights". Meanwhile, you run a decent faction and use it to attack dinkey nub factions in sector 7 with under 1/10th of your respect, nowhere near your stats, well under half your numbers &ct. &ct. . Your membership give the appearance of not wanting to really war anyone. When somebody does go down fighting, as in The Raid Engine's exhibition, you clearly get butthurt about it. You wanted something for nothing, but I chose to give you the territories, along with as much fight as someone outclassed in every conceivable way can manage.

What would have happened, had it played out? Would your core members have been content, watching and waiting, all day, every day, to guard against the next raid attack? Or, would you have eventually kicked our targets and gone back to lolligagging? That, and only that, was my goal.

Had nobody intervened, we'd have been well prepared to continue, for weeks, perhaps even months. This suggestion merely indicates that the new warring system is working as intended, encouraging players to war factions that stand a chance against them, and discouraging simple "bullying" by people who would rather train constantly and take territories by sheer force of numbers than give up something and engage factions similar to their own in a legitimate war.

You're like a Heavyweight going around beating down Featherweights, and then acting like a badass. You're not, beacuse when one of them decided to float like a butterfly and sting like a mosquito, you act like you've been wronged somehow.

Pathetic.

Judge for yourselves, dear readers: https://www.torn.com/war.php?step=raidreport&raidID=642

Whereas the OP verifiably did not attack me, not once, during the actual raid, he did hosp and mug me a few times after. In fact, I got the vast majority of my attacks from these heroes after the raid was ended and I was destroying the faction.

This was merely a new spin on an old strategy. Good players like me remember the days when Voices and his spouse would war HoF factions with a 2-man team, and they would win. Its a more advanced strategy than you're used to encountering, perhaps, but as legitimate now in the era of raiding and wall-sitting as it was during the old system.

Rekt.
KickRocks [1030718]
They didn't win the raid. THey didn't even do any f**king damage at all. This particular situation was a complete joke as the person who set up the raid was doing it simply out of rage and put no thought into it. Alternatively, a person that does set it up properly acftually could do some serious damage with the correct personel
KickRocks [1030718]
You got no room calling someone dumb.


Im just simply trying to figure out if this is the way this was set up to be played out. If so, that's fine, it jsut seems like more of the same bullshit in this game which is you get your friends to do your work for you. If not, then I think there needs to be a way to avoid pop up factions with the sole intent to do this then disband.
KickRocks [1030718]
Yea, the mods know what I think of them and Im sure they think the same of me. SHould I kill myself cause some internet mods don't like me?
BlnkSugarSocket [2018522]
I can actually empathize to a point. I even posted by thoughts on your suggestion about fallen players after it was graved because people were using it to try to discredit you. That being said, suicide isn't always the answer but sometimes it is! Switzerland is the place to go for Doctor assisted suicide, old man!
KickRocks [1030718]
Look I'll admit, I've posted some stupid shit in my day..and more than likely will continue to. But I'm really glad someone quoted me to bring me back to this thread so that I could see the gem you posted earlier. Whole lot of stupid in that one. We can relish in one anothers dumb shit together.
KickRocks [1030718]
You and I spoke about this in PM when this went down, so not sure why you feel the need to come in here and do this but to each their own. What you did didn't do shit but you were exploiting the game mechanics. You want the same old Torn being exploited left and right only to get changed years later? You want factions being set up with no intent to being used as a real faction?