Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

faction description disappears

Started by Pledge-Leader [2112785] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Stewie [1494547] ×1

Pledge-Leader [2112785]
I've been having an issue uploading images to my faction description they always upload and display without issue but after a while it disappears the time for this to happen varies sometimes it take an hour sometimes sooner.
I can also only upload images from other browsers the ones on my computer do not upload
I've tried doing it with google chrome and fire fox the issue is the same.
i also tried a gif once same problem.
i do not have this problem with text
https://www.torn.com/factions.php?step=profile&userID=2112785#/
Stewie [1494547]
I see that image on the Faction Description there is linked from GMail, and in which case, wouldn't work? And as such is a broken image.
It needs to be an image link (.png, .jpg, etc)
Pledge-Leader [2112785]
I tried both formats .png and .jpg they always load with no issues and I can pick up any device my phone laptop tablet and It will display perfectly however after sometime usually about an hour it would look like what you see there presently or nothing at all would show up.
at one point I was of the impression that maybe the images I used where too large I try modifying it to the size specifications of the faction image and had the same issue
—and also I am unable to upload images from my devices I always need to upload it to the internet first for example to my email
—if I try uploading from my laptop for example it looks the way you see it right away ( broken image)
—-i do not know if my attempts to upload from my laptop hard drive are being done incorrectly
I usually right click on the image properties copy the image directions and file name and paste in the respective spaces of the pop up box as it says it cannot just copy and paste there from clipboard 
Stewie [1494547]
Me and the User have worked out the issue in Chat — I will Close the report now.
Thanks.

Stewie: Hello! Regarding your bug report on the faction description. Do you think you could upload the image to a service such as Imgur and use the direct image link from that? The thing is, I can see that the link provided in the broken image is a mail.google.com link — which isn't linking to an image?
Stewie: Which wouldn't work I expect?
Stewie: I think you need to use an image service provider.
Pledge-Leader: Ok thank you I will try that and give you some feedback
Pledge-Leader: Hey I did as you suggested and it appears that it worked my description has not disappeared and it has been up for at least 5 hrs now thank you for your assistance
Last message: Sun, 01:35 - TCT

Mentions: Pledge-Leader [2112785] · Stewie [1494547]