Hey all,
Looking over the various bits of work offered by players on the server I've noticed a bit of a trend for favour to the abstract. Is this something others have noticed and why do you think that is?
It is not a style I have tried yet and out of personal taste isn't really my thing but each to their own. I wanted to hear from others on what they like and why, just to get some friendly conversation going between us all.
I wouldn't say its a trend, it's just so damn hard to do well, when you find a piece that does it well, people want it. :D
Plus 'abstract' covers a much larger range than using a specific theme or a specific stock/render.
To many I can imagine it feels more artistic than using a stock/render.
i like me techy stuff, then manipulations , then abstract....then everything else lol.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=23&t=16095570&b=0&a=0
I don't personally have a style of preference tbh.
This is my favorite artwork I have
[image: i.imgur.com]When i saw it I knew I wanted it. :D
I just look at threads, If i see something I want I will try to buy it.
I agree with your assessment. Clean lines are my style, but in the world of gaming, "background rendering" seems to be the most popular. At the end of the day, it is what the customer wants.
Definitely some pieces of "abstract" seem to be well done when sharp, I personally often just find them a little jumbled most of the time but as I said before it is not a style I know much about, lot less work in. Is it the complexity to produce a good looking piece that attracts you or is it something else?
I see what you mean regarding stock images, I'd suggest abstract though is the same but does a better job at concealing them among different layers of background... noise, for lack of a better word.