As you all must know by now 29-second Delays on all API request
But 1 of them needs to be changed to live, not all of them
please go here and have your say
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/forums.php?p=threads&f=19&t=16098044&b=0&a=0
Mentions:
API chain delay
Never mind it was refused out right
:(
I came from that bug report, and no it doesn't need to be shorten.
However, Ched is looking to some kind of socket for information like this, so we don't have to pull the information ourselves. This, I feel like, is a very important change. (The Ched response was on some thread when he was announcing the change to caching, eventually the plan for caching is to go to 60 seconds, or something like that).
Let's hope they make this change asap, because I totally agree that the cache is really ridiculous for live based events... but necessary for the sanity of the server.