15 replies · 259 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
49
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Most-liked replies
Jaaxx[2269997]
· 13 likes · it would be nice to see a Cash Prize for the Official Race's along with the point reward only because we can't travel while racing and that's where i get most my income from i really enjoyed racing but i …
If you are a fan of racing, and want to see some improvements to how it works, or how it fits in with the rest of Torn, please visit the suggestions forum. There are many racing related suggestions there, some you may like, and some maybe not. If we want the powers that be to take racing seriously, please upvote and bump the ones you like.
Many of you already do this, but there are some good suggestions that need a bit more love.
I want to spray my cars different colours! Please implement a car spray option Chedburn. It doesn't take a lot of programing to do this. I'm keeping my hopes up...
We could let garage companies have this as a job special so they can make extra money by doing spray jobs for people on their cars at the cost of job points.
it would be nice to see a Cash Prize for the Official Race's along with the point reward
only because we can't travel while racing and that's where i get most my income from i really enjoyed racing but i have to travel to keep generating a profit.
So if we could get some sort of cash reward for 1st place would be pretty nice.
More racing merits overall would make sense, in line with the amount of overall travel merits in the game. New Torn players are losing opportunities to make money and potentially travel merits if they get too deep into racing. I personally didn't participate in my first race til last night and I am level 50 and almost 500 days old in the game.
It is a interesting category of the game that seems like it needs more polishing and rewards in order for the masses to become interested and active. Of course racers can still make money other ways than traveling, but the amount of merits seems like it should be closer to 15-25 instead of the paltry 3 we can earn overall in this category considering the time invested.
Good luck, glad I finally bought a racing license at any rate.
Good luck with your racing career Smudge. I'm certainly not doing it for the three merits, but you are right that there should be more. It needs better connection and relevance to the rest of Torn to get people interested.
I'd really like to see racing stats added to our personal stats and maybe a new title or two connected with racing plus new cars, new tracks and more racing related merits =)
Im not much of a traveler in this game, of course i have done my share but i dont want to do it. But i do understand why people do it. You can actually make more money not traveling but it does require work.
I like racing, it is a nice little side feature. I have raced a lot but i havent always done so, at one point i didnt race for a year or 2, i kind of lost my way with it. But then i looked at custom races! Custom races are great! A very nice feature!
I have been in many of the top organised racing competitions ie the ones heavily publicised in the newspaper by staff and have done well a number of times, you can check out my exploits if you look at some of the forum threads about them.
I think racing is great and i think its fine that travelers cant take part.
I would welcome any new tweaks to the racing system!
On custom races, there is usually something happening everyday! But if i dont see any i make my own, a little fun competition for a little play money.
I know racing is only a side feature but i want it to be worked on more.