Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Vampire Snowflake

Started by Louis_de_Pointe [1963196] on in General Discussion.

85 replies · 1.09k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 86 / 86 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
86
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Nikofu [454204] ×1 DiamondAce [560161] ×1 Louis_de_Pointe [1963196] ×1 Tyrion [1967379] ×1 Xampos [2078351] ×1

Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]
Where to start?

From the beginning some might say but that has been covered in fictional form already in both writing and a rather kind film representation.

Perhaps we will begin on why I came to Torn...

As technology increases to be more surveillance orientated and the people who were once cattle to me started being cattle for corporations and their technomancy. Finding blood unnoticed became harder from the living even on the blackmarket vendors were getting more inquisitive into the use of the blood they supplied in sometimes unsanitary condition.

Luckily for me a city became available....

Torn, once considered the piratical Port Royale of the "united states " of America had finally been ejected due to its principles of the free market and the true freedom to pursue happiness in whatever form a citizen could take it.
Usually in the forms of highly sexualised furries, *violent flower sellers ( bit like London) , psychotic sweetshop owners, dodgy mechanics ( nothing different there ) and well you get the idea the fact is Torn was considered a place more corrupt than Washington DC and had to be walled off with only a few ways to access and exit via land.

*As a flower seller and temporary caretaker of a company. I do now sympathise with directors when they used to complain of employees just upping and leaving. That bounty button is oh so tempting.*

To enter Torn is quite simple, you get asked if you know what your letting yourself into by various officials sporting assault rifles.

To leave Torn on land is next to impossible. The assault rifles are there to ensure people do not leave Torn and pollute the USA further.

There are some locations around the world a Tornizen can travel to quite freely via air travel. And many do for trading items.

But I am getting off topic, I joined Torn for its free trade blood market.

"So what? " I hear you think.

Well I'm quite full now and have a great stockpile and will be going on a holiday from Torn for few months because quite frankly I cannot stand you loathsome people.

I've been to Wales and can say after visiting there you'd expect to be immune to immorality , I've been to Scotland where compared to Torn they are intellectuals!

If I was to describe Torn it would be as a morale and intellectual sewage pipe and it's citizens the excrement covered rats swimming within it.

Some people I have found tolerable. Many are most intolerable.

I won't list the tolerable ones as I'm sure they know who they are. ( Especially the ones who keep instant chat to a minimum ).

I will mention one known to me as Mr M.
I did mean to carry on correspondence via mail but I put it off daily and had quite an essay come Christmas. every day I'd think today I will write to you. And never did. Which is just as well because it would be very long by now and likely as boring as reading The Hobbit. ( I read the hobbit three times due to not believing a book about a fantasy land and magical creatures could be so boring and had to check I had not misread something or missed a point....my original thoughts on The Hobbit are quite accurate. It is a boring book. ). ( Brackets and full stops, never got the hang of them myself ).).

Summer is coming and I'm hopeful the pollution humans have caused will not turn this summer into a winter. The Night King as friendly as I am with him really does not need an excuse to come south. ( Last time he came down he on purposely beat me in the " build a snowman " competition ...jerk ).

Talking of jerks...
Scripters, they can ruin any game and in my Luddite thoughts they've damaged Torn. Still it's allowed and it is Torn.

Jf factions, I am civilised with some members but overall another bunch of jerks. Sticking their noses in everywhere talking ego driven silliness.
Ironic so many slated Relentless for scripts when early on in my Torn life jf were telling me about all the great bots they have that do jobs like checking hospital and where people are flying do the work for you and others. It partly put me off joining them.
( Always had a lot of respect for Kinzove though not that he knows me ) .
It was good to see insurgency form and smack the shit out of jf and friends. I made a lot of money reviving for both sides. It was like being able to mug people I don't like who were helpless in hospital for a million a time.

Jf have been whipped now and they lick their wounds trying to remove the stench of defeat and some under the name of NS . Yes that's you NS the ones who lost, the ones too stinky to be allowed anywhere else.

Pt aka prickly tits. They live up to that name well. Never seen a more touchy group of players in my gaming experience. Certain member can stick their nose into my business and comment...but behold thou musteth nevereth comment on PT! - just confirmed my thoughts as a newbie bunch of twats really.

Insurgency, nothing really against them as cannot remember who was or is in them. MeanMike has too much of a "like me" thing about him from the little I've spoken to him. Where as I'm more " stop bothering me".
Wish I could remember who was in them so could comment more.

Nuke blast aka don't do anything as MnC will fix our wars for us. ( I made mistake of suggesting we actually fight back ourselves got called a dick swinger for it. ).).
By far not the worst interaction I've had but most certainly the wussiest I've seen from any faction/ leadership.

On the other hand....

Will make mention of a very violent and fun faction that will truly teach you about chaining and having a good time ShadowRazors. If you want a faction with actual team spirit, drive and Leadership then get joining them. Last I looked they were full up but if you can it's worth waiting to join them.
I haven't been in them for quite some time probably my longest regret in Torn was leaving the first time and secondly much later being a bit snappy with one of the leaders I doubt she remembers so all's good I hope.

There are other factions I'd recommend but it may read as bit of a recruitment drive as opposed to me telling you "people" what I think of you.
Which is nothing new I've been forthright since I've entered the city.

So many sad acts, so little time.

I'll be around a few days more packing things away and telling more people to go away with purchase suggestions on rope and trees - most likely on this thread.

To the bikers I know, will stay in touch :)
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]
You mean you did not read it in the entirety?

Look if I can be bothered to read romance of the three kingdoms you can at least read the original post fully. Even if it's a lot of waffle same could be said about the commie manifesto! 

If you want your question answered you will have to read it all. Twice. There will be questions to make sure you read it all. 
arrow [2024586]

[image: www-bbcgoodfood-com.cdn.ampproject.org]

Best ever chocolate brownies recipe



Ingredients

185g unsalted butter
185g best dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
50g white chocolate
50g milk chocolate
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar

Method

  1. Cut 185g unsalted butter into small cubes and tip into a medium bowl. Break 185g dark chocolate into small pieces and drop into the bowl.
  2. Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them.
  3. Remove the bowl from the pan. Alternatively, cover the bowl loosely with cling film and put in the microwave for 2 minutes on High. Leave the melted mixture to cool to room temperature.
  4. While you wait for the chocolate to cool, position a shelf in the middle of your oven and turn the oven on to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4.
  5. Using a shallow 20cm square tin, cut out a square of non-stick baking parchment to line the base. Tip 85g plain flour and 40g cocoa powder into a sieve held over a medium bowl. Tap and shake the sieve so they run through together and you get rid of any lumps.
  6. Chop 50g white chocolate and 50g milk chocolate into chunks on a board.
  7. Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar. They will look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. This can take 3-8 minutes, depending on how powerful your mixer is. You’ll know it’s ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume. Another check is to turn off the mixer, lift out the beaters and wiggle them from side to side. If the mixture that runs off the beaters leaves a trail on the surface of the mixture in the bowl for a second or two, you’re there.
  8. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Plunge the spatula in at one side, take it underneath and bring it up the opposite side and in again at the middle. Continue going under and over in a figure of eight, moving the bowl round after each folding so you can get at it from all sides, until the two mixtures are one and the colour is a mottled dark brown. The idea is to marry them without knocking out the air, so be as gentle and slow as you like.
  9. Hold the sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and resift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly.
  10. Gently fold in this powder using the same figure of eight action as before. The mixture will look dry and dusty at first, and a bit unpromising, but if you keep going very gently and patiently, it will end up looking gungy and fudgy. Stop just before you feel you should, as you don’t want to overdo this mixing.
  11. Finally, stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks until they’re dotted throughout.
  12. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping every bit out of the bowl with the spatula. Gently ease the mixture into the corners of the tin and paddle the spatula from side to side across the top to level it.
  13. Put in the oven and set your timer for 25 mins. When the buzzer goes, open the oven, pull the shelf out a bit and gently shake the tin. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, it’s not quite done, so slide it back in and bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven.
  14. Leave the whole thing in the tin until completely cold, then, if you’re using the brownie tin, lift up the protruding rim slightly and slide the uncut brownie out on its base. If you’re using a normal tin, lift out the brownie with the foil. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into four squares and finally into triangles.
  15. They’ll keep in an airtight container for a good two weeks and in the freezer for up to a month.