Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Company question

Started by Jerobie [1863992] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 123 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

Jerobie [1863992]
Hello I was thinking about starting a new company and wanted to calculate start up costs and max upgrades I have all the education courses completed in business education. So really my question is if you start a company and buy the upgrades do you have to buy each stage of upgrades before you can buy the next tier or can you save money and buy the max staff room etc etc. Also since I know someone already knows what is the base cost of a fully upgraded TV station ie what would it cost buying it from the system and upgrading to max on day one
Kombat_Wombat [513999]
So when it comes to upgrading companies you have to buy one of the upgrades to go onto the next one. However you don't have to buy all level 1 upgrades in order to progress onto level 2. For example you could have a level 10 staff room but level 1 employee size etc.

The wiki https://www.torn.com/wiki/Companies#Television_Network will be able to help you working out overall costs of to fully max out a tv however some things I'd also advise before doing this is make sure you've en9ugb people to fill in the work stat requirements etc. Personally I'd recommend buying an already established TV station (doesn't overly matter how many stars if you aren't fussy) as you're more likely to get people to join because of perks and the higher income and more trains etc.

However good luck if you do start one up and hope it goes well.

Tl;dr, you're better off buying a established one from someone selling and I didn't work out the cost as I'm lazy and can't math rn. 
TheoZ [1161882]
you stay put were you are.. .you either spend like 16-18B for starters to get a decent one with some employees. no reason to start from scratch... as I did ...
so you stay put as my employee >.
Jerobie [1863992]
Haha i'm a terrible employee always on drugs and late for my shifts and I call off constantly. I already act like a boss so I might as well be one lol
Bandit [2033238]
Speaking from experience I think you should listen to this guy unless you have a lot of money to waste and a lot of patience.

Companies are a huge money drain especially if you're paying people to work in a new one. It's easier to just be an employee
Delta [2049998]
TV should be making from the beginning in my opinion, but I guess if there are too many companies then you have to overpay.