13 replies · 112 views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
38
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Most-liked replies
moistpussy[2285037]
· 4 likes · The sad truth is the fact that many games these days focus on mobile and Google nor Apple would accept such game on their stores. The society nowadays is more sensitive than ever before and there would be probably very …
vlasktom[2148971]
· 3 likes · Hell, I still have Half Life and TFC in my steam account. Fun old games... Who remembers Duke Nukem 3D?!
vlasktom[2148971]
· 3 likes · I had the CD version. So much faster to install. My friend had the floppy disk version and it took him about 30 minutes to install and setup. But once it was there, they both ran about the same. Until …
Old and good times. I remember when I saw this game in shop. I was about 10-14 years old. Cashier looked at me and said nothing :D. My favorite place was zoo where I can shoot elephants. And yeah, cat-assault rifle sound was like symphony for my ears :D. I don't get it why nobody can't create same good game in nowa days :(.
The sad truth is the fact that many games these days focus on mobile and Google nor Apple would accept such game on their stores. The society nowadays is more sensitive than ever before and there would be probably very many lawsuits.
If you want you can create such game. It was made in Unreal Engine.
I do. That game rocked. I remember playing that game on my Windows 98 PC and in order to install it I needed to insert floppy disks. I also remember waiting for Duke Nukem Forever and eventually I gave up waiting on it.
I had the CD version. So much faster to install. My friend had the floppy disk version and it took him about 30 minutes to install and setup. But once it was there, they both ran about the same. Until he insisted on hitting the turbo button on his computer... Then it ran like ass. That was also the first game I played from start to finish in a single sitting without cheating. It only took me... 9 hours or so. I was a whole 11 years old so I didn't give a shit about world records or anything like that. God I miss that game. I play it on DOSBox every once in a while, but it's just not the same
Oh yes, the old Turbo button. Slowed down your PC. I also remember "Scroll Lock" key on the keyboards. Good old times. I used to love Doom and Doom II and Need for Speed II. I also remember getting a game called "Re-Volt", which didn't run on my PC, so I was embarrassed in front of my friend and he told everyone that my PC was a piece of shit. Nowadays children don't really seem to care about PCs but rather about Smartphones, which is kinda sad but I think I'm getting old. I don't know how many hours it took me to beat DN3D. I remember playing it for days though and visiting the strip clubs there, hoping my parents wouldn't see that. Another awesome game was Carmageddon haha.
Or there was one level, I can't remember which one it was, that had a radio station mic in there. You could use it, and Duke would say "This is K-T-I-T. K-Tit. Playing the breast, um... the best tunes in town!"