Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DayZ (PS4)

Started by Deathxherald [1912266] on in Gaming.

19 replies · 86 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Deathxherald [1912266]
Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone plays.
If you do, leave a gamertag and playstyle!
I'm always up for some roflstomping around the airfields.
MadHatter [486416]
Is it any good? I've been wanting to grab DayZ for years, but it never seemed worth the price tag. The game was stuck in Early Access for like five f**king years, and it was still $30-40.
SqueezeVal [2272719]
Hello madhatter, I am very well aquatinted with DayZ for both the PC and PS4 console. I currently only play console and although the game was a gift, I personally couldn't have pulled the trigger paying 50 for the game.. that being said, if you want to play a legit survival game that forces you to navigate a representation of a physical map and a compass if you're lucky, this is it. Honestly I haven't had such real adrenaline fed gunfights since playing on pc. It's honestly a great game but you need friends cause it's a big lonely world out there in DayZ
SqueezeVal [2272719]
If you need to meet up with someone and get some help, just let me know I'll add you on PSN and you can come see our huge base, grab some loot and learn the basics of the game as far as how deep the inventory system is.
MadHatter [486416]
If I grab it, I'll probably get it on PC. I really need to round out my survival collection. I've got ARK, Rust, Miscreated, Arma III (mods), Nether: The Untold Chapter, Novus Inceptio, H1Z1 (the damn BR one -- I thought it was the survival one), PUBG...

...but the one I always wanted the most was DayZ. Now that it's finally stable, but they want an absurd amount of money for it.

SCUM looks pretty cool too, but it'd fry my toaster.
MadHatter [486416]
It really does look like something I could lose myself in. Miscreated tried really hard to copy it, but it just felt shallow. And Rust is... well, Rust is Rust. I can't get too deep into it, but sometimes it's fun to jump on for a few hours and act like an asshat. Not a game to be taken seriously.

ARK is just a pretentious game full of pretentious people, and everything takes too goddamn long to build. I uninstalled the game when I realized what it took to train dinosaurs, and I also realized why every established player was a dick. It's not a game for casuals.
MadHatter [486416]
I think it's officially out of Early Access, but it's still not completely stable as far as I've heard.

$45 f**king dollars though
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
dont worry boys, us PC master-race lot get the best updates before you lot.


You all better look forward to the shoe-decay update! God I just love it when my shoes fall apart, making my character start whinging about hurt feet, eventually leading to death. Well, I assume it will still lead to death, I got really, really turned off when I saw the last changelog and noticed that the "myshoeshurt" mechanic is back.

At least previously your top-end pristine military boots wouldn't fall to bits and kill ya, you'd only die if another player abducted you and stole your shoes.


... actually no, I went back on when I saw that they had re-added throwing of items, I logged in briefly to try kill a bambi with a pear, no luck.



*edit* dayz has come quite far since it was a whinging player-character simulator (back in the old engine, pictured, probably circa 1992 or something)
[image: pbs.twimg.com]

(although you might still come across whinging-players in-character over VOIP)
Knits [2297660]
is reaaaaaaaaaally hard to find food and water or is just me being a noob? i go from town to town and i never find nothing and if i drink from a lake i get sick, and i allways die because i dont have water -.-
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
in most towns you can find these

[image: vignette.wikia.nocookie.net]

You can also drink from streams, ponds and rivers, you might find it killing you though, if you're not careful. camping fires with pans can purify water, as can water treatment tablets that you find.


A detailed map of all spawn locations exists here https://dayz.ginfo.gg/ - hit the loot dropdown, uncheck all of them if its lagging, then turn on the water option, should be able to use this in a browser on your PS4. There's also an app version.
JasonMomoa [2374064]
It's not for the faint-of-heart it is a steep learning curve but once you start learning how to survive in that world it becomes very fun
MadHatter [486416]
It's a survival game, bro. You scavenge supplies, manage physical needs and try not to die. It's not like you're playing 3D chess with the zombies.