Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Homeless

Started by LapisLazuli [2144604] on in Faction Recruitment.

0 replies · 17 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 1 / 1 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
1
Discussion span
→
People posting
1
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
15 / 100
Historical score
8 / 100
Story score
16 / 100
Engagement score
24 / 100
LapisLazuli [2144604]
Hi all. I'm looking for a faction. I got lucky when I started playing, and was a member of a really lovely faction. They were sort of a noob faction, but a bit more than that. After a while, when my BS reached a dizzying 2M or so, and I'd learned to revive, spy, got the museum etc, 'i thought I would try some other factions. A few of the other factions I tried were lovely, but I really miss the banter and camaraderie of my first faction. To be honest, I liked being a member of a faction who didn't think a GIF of a pair of bouncing tits was hilarious. Although, to be fair, some of them did.So anyway, I got bored, tried to rejoin my old faction and they turned me down! Maybe I'm just a bit of a dick.
Where I am now, the company, the conversation, is more important than the perks. I only log in about 2 out of 3 days or so, but I'm up for a bit of chaining when it happens. But really, I'm more interested in finding a faction where I like the people. I always think music, film and TV, humour, maybe books etc, are a good indication of ones personality, so:

Music: Beatles, Zappa, Radiohead, Talking Heads, blues rock, country (real country (not Garth Brooks etc) Burt Bacharach, Doors, good punk, 20th C classical esp the more melodic end (eg Vaughan Williams, Steve Reich, Philip Glass) I hate Bach. Some jazz, particularly bebop. ###i'm pretty passionate about music as both a consumer and producer. Actually, literally producer. I've been in bands all my life. Last time I was signed to a label we got an excellent review in the Sunday Times. These days it's pub gigs. Love it though. I am, if I may say so, a shit-hot guitarist.

The Office (the UK one, particularly) The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Thick of It, Kubrick, mumblecore, Spaced, Limmy's Show, The Bridge. Chernobyl was pretty good.

Stewart Lee, Doug Stanhope, Laurel and Hardy, Python.

Borges, Iain Banks, Calvino, Kafka. But most of what I read is non fiction actually.

The above is just what springs to mind. I have pretty broad an eclectic taste.

I'm a philosophy lecturer IRL. I am an atheist and pretty left-wing. I used to despise and pity religious people but I've got over that., Whatever floats your boat. I'm pretty damn clever and particularly enjoy the company of people even smarter than I am.

I'm married and have an 18 year old son who still lives at home. They are both amazing.

I'm pretty sure I'm quite high on the autism spectrum.

I'm also looking for a wife, preferably female, because I like flirting online, safe in the knowledge it will go nowhere.

That's kind of it.