I deposited 379m in to my faction bank and I went to with draw it but could only withdraw 287m also it now says the vault is empty. Other faction members have deposited money so I will have to repay them if it is empty. Any ideas how this has happened I have not managed to get all my funds and possible taken every one else's
Faction bank bug
Started by Peanutdaking [2159586] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
Someone who previously had faction banking permission went in, stole the money, and left. They may even have then zeroed their own account to hide the trail.
Your only way to find out who is to go through all the factions finance logs and do a bit of forensic accountancy, ultimately very boring but may at least give you a suspect for the theft
Your only way to find out who is to go through all the factions finance logs and do a bit of forensic accountancy, ultimately very boring but may at least give you a suspect for the theft
Ok thanks where do I find the faction transaction logs? There is only 1 person with banking permission and thats the co owner and he hasn't left.
If you click on "My Faction" and go to the bottom of the page, click on "Funds" tab, and there's the list
Thank you
Faction bank Found it. I'm still confused as my vault is empty but I still have 91m in the bank.
Also checked the funds page every bit of money that was taken by the co owner he had put in. So nothing has been taken. I have just lost money.
The balances of different players that the vault keeps don't reflect the actual balance of the bank.
Example:
John has a balance of 50m
Tom has a balance of 100m
Vault shows 150m
John withdraws 100m
New balances:
John has a balance of -50m
Tom has a balance of 100m
Vault shows 50m
So even if Tom has a balance of 100m, the vault only has 50m in it. The individual balances doesn't prevent people taking (if they have bank perms) or being given more than their balance.
Example:
John has a balance of 50m
Tom has a balance of 100m
Vault shows 150m
John withdraws 100m
New balances:
John has a balance of -50m
Tom has a balance of 100m
Vault shows 50m
So even if Tom has a balance of 100m, the vault only has 50m in it. The individual balances doesn't prevent people taking (if they have bank perms) or being given more than their balance.
I see so the the amount shown is incorrect. So I'll go through and double check how much I have deposited and double check I was correct
As a leader you can also edit the balanced manually to correct them.
You just need to edit your balance to the correct amount I expect. It's not a bug.
If the vault is empty, then that's what it is.
If the vault is empty, then that's what it is.
only co-leader and leader edit (change) money balance in the account, even if you have withdraw permission if you are not co-leader or leader you can`t do that
Is anyone here actually support staff?
I know, just didn't want to blame anyone specifically :-)
Although it's a lot of extra work it's best to either have a banking channel on Discord, if you use it, where people enter the amount they are depositing / withdrawing and the balance they have, or to go through and audit the Funds logs yourself to keep an eye on it.
Otherwise, just stop anyone removing money, except yourself, and people ask you to withdraw their cash
Although it's a lot of extra work it's best to either have a banking channel on Discord, if you use it, where people enter the amount they are depositing / withdrawing and the balance they have, or to go through and audit the Funds logs yourself to keep an eye on it.
Otherwise, just stop anyone removing money, except yourself, and people ask you to withdraw their cash