57 replies · 1.33k views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:58 / 58 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
58
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
mug[553318]Committee
· 17 likes · Just a buff for the dumbass players that pay 4-5m per employee. Huge nerf for anyone that has at least one brain cell that is actually a good director.
Satan[612696]
· 12 likes · Any active director that gives half a f**k about his company won't have an issue with this patch. If you can't find a replacement in 10 days you're a terrible director
Tomazo[832975]
· 9 likes · This is a hefty bit of writing but just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree. I don't see what the issue was running at the reduced efficiency they already had employed for the inactives honestly, a company full of …
"Changed inactive employee effectiveness to decrease to 0% over 10 days after the first day of inactivity"
Never knew about this patch until now but feel like its going to effect alot more of the lower end company's than the higher end. I feel like companies were already broken and only a handful of different types were appealing. With this update its makes it harder even more so for the lower end companies, and I can see alot more people giving up on alot of different company types as they can no longer rely on the effectiveness of what there inactive employee base brought
I can see some reasoning for the change but it seems a bit of a short time IMO. What if the employee is going on a two week vacation or will be away a couple of weeks for work? It did always seem weird that some companies could keep their incomes (and stars) up even though the entire company, employees and director, had been gone for months but 10 days?
I do think it needed some change yes, but its was quite drastic, 10 days of inactivity then 0 effectiveness, to be honest there should be scale, after 10 days its 80% after 30 days goes down to 60% and so on, I dont think it should be at 0% at all
Just glanced through the Law firms, found at least 10 with 0 income today, at least 1 is an 8*, well for now. Of course that isn't counting the 0* firms. That is a pretty high percentage when we didn't have many law firms to begin with. I am so glad my firm made 10* last week, I imagine once all the inactive companies are deleted it may be harder to star up due to percentages. Not just law firms of course, all companies.
Companies are over saturated and there employee pool could do with an increase. I don’t think this is the bad decision a lot of directors are making it out to be.
This is a hefty bit of writing but just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree. I don't see what the issue was running at the reduced efficiency they already had employed for the inactives honestly, a company full of actives is going to outperform it anyway so that argument doesn't really make sense, you'll gain stars and popularity and be happy and successful and a lot quicker than it takes most companies that aren't overly active.
As someone with the 2nd oldest gas station, nearly 10 years since I started it, this hit me hard. The benefits you gain from this company, it's profits and amount I can pay with overheads is not enticing for decent active players and I'm sure this is the same for several other company types so I needed to keep the inactives I had who were on 60%. Sorry for utilising inactive players the same way Torn does by using them as meat for missions?
I see how this may reduce the amount of companies so the ones left may have a higher density of active player but to me this is only going to make many companies more stale for at least for a long time in the short term while people like me decide if they have to give up and sell out. Really I was just holding out after so long because I've committed so much time to it and was also hoping they would bring in some merits since I can't access the job related ones outside of companies.
Perhaps a rework for all the really non appealing companies like gas stations before employing such a hard hitting patch (sure, a daily molotov is nice but really a drop in the pond and this wasn't even the benefit when I started). Went from nearly 3 mil to 850k daily income, quite drastic. Feel free to disagree with me, there are some logical reasons for a few changes but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. Call me butthurt and ask why I don't just sell but after such a long time you get kind of attached, I'm sure people can understand that.
From my experience, one persons inactivity or drug use can have a far more drastic impact on company income than they personally generate. If I run a secretary, someone may make me 7 mill a day if active and rehabbed... but if that person goes inactive for 4 or 5 days, i may lose 15mill + a day depending on position... (granted I could be wrong on this?)
Now with Ched dramatically nerfing effectiveness, if someone goes on vacation for a week or something, that can cost a company (mainly high end companies like TVs) 100s of millions in revenue. This was soemewhat the case anyways but could be compensated somewhat of that person had huge work stats. Now that effect will hurt even more imo. I already think drug use hurts more than it should. Almost everyone uses drugs, cant ask people to rehab everyday... and drug free people are generally less active and way rarer to find
Its just another ched company nerf, and its really unfortunate, the market is already competitive enough and employee wages are already inflated. I've contemplated leaving the tv industry for over a year now due to all the nerfs. Used to generate 40mill profit a day at 14 employees. Now I'm lucky to get 20m a day with a maxed TV (I probably average 12m)
I've always been in the practice of replacing inactive employees so this doesn't really affect my company. The only difference I suppose is that I have a smaller window to do it before they really hurt company income
your in a high end company though, new one at that so its easy for u to attract people with more pay/new company specials, lower end companies rely on the effectiveness of inactive players as they cant attract people
I can't remember which newsletter it was, but a recent one stated that Gas Stations and some other businesses (Zoo as well maybe?) would be getting new company specials to make them more enticing. You have no need to worry. :)
There are many company types that suffer severely because of the lack of enticing perks or potential money makers. Torn companies types currently are either amazing or almost useless. The companies that are so weak these days like the nightclub, Zoo's, lingerie store, music store, restaurant and so on, struggle to find anyone willing to work for them without paying much more than what the employees actually earn them. A lot of these companies also require a fair amount of stats to have a good efficiency, making finding new employees more difficult. After all, what person would join a weak company that requires 6k stats when there is a sweet store available. Many of these weak companies also have been promised new perks ages ago. Crime 2.0 was supposed to help some of these struggling companies out a little, but it has been more than 450 days since that announcement and they still don't have their perk.
The benefits of the update are that some companies will be removed from the higher star positions, but at what cost? Most of those directors either don't play, barely make any money because of the company type they run or simply can't find willing staff with enough stats. Torn always has been interesting to me because you are free to play however you wish to play, you can make your own road. But it seems that this update pushes the meta-game narrative. IMO they should have waited with this change until after companies received their new perks or got balanced to attract more players or lower required stat costs.
Yeah i agree with this, I feel it will hit the less popular companies harder, as they wont be able to rely on the inactives to keep them from hemorrhaging money and closing shop, not being able to compete with AN's/SS/Grocery or TV networks or Logistics. The ones without a big pay or special draw i feel will suffer the most, probably a good thing for tv networks though. Employees are about to get even more leverage.
Yes, I agree. This will certainly make it tougher on lower end companies that dont have the appeal that many look for. I recently bought a Pub, and am trying to replace inactive workers and its not easy. Many just dont understand that ALL companies cant pay the big money, its more about the perks if your willing to get to them. This should be interesting, and frustrating as well....
there are quite a few types of companies that have Unavailable Specials due to them being Crimes 2.0 related... so people have waited for those specials a long time and will continue to wait
some types of Companies have Specials that just don't make sense, are too expensive for the benefit or are so 'niche' to be next to useless
some Companies profit-to-startup costs or profit-to-operating costs ratios are seriously imbalanced
since the Newsletter nothing has changed for the 'unpopular and/or unprofitable' Companies.... just this recent, some would say knee-jerk, change as well as a change to a Detective Agency special
it same as the old system for first 5 inactive days. In the old system, it was after 1-day inactivity productivity drops 10% each day and stops at 50% now it doesn`t stop and goes down till 0. what you offer is way better what it was in the old system.